Schools often hire a debt collection agency to collect late payments like unpaid lunch money, damage costs, library fines, technology fees, or other charges. Partnering with Kinum, school districts can anticipate that our collections process aligns with their values, legal requirements, and financial goals.
We know schools are tight on budget. We offer low-cost services designed especially for schools, easy to use and zero on boarding fee. Serving school districts nationwide.
Contact us to partner with us and ethically recover your unpaid student bills.
Our name comes from: KIN– Family NUM– Numbers
Family before Numbers … People before Profits!
Here are the refined expectations:
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations: School districts expect Kinum Collection Agency to strictly adhere to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This includes compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), which outlines standards for the treatment of debtors, and any education sector-specific laws.
- Ethical Practices: Given the educational context, districts anticipate that Kinum will employ ethical and respectful practices in dealings with families and individuals. This means avoiding aggressive or harassing tactics and ensuring that communications are conducted professionally and with empathy.
- Transparency: Districts require transparency from Kinum Collection Agency in its operations, including clear reporting on collection efforts, accounts receivable, and success rates. This transparency helps the district gauge the effectiveness of Kinum’s efforts and manage its finances accurately.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Districts expect Kinum to effectively recover unpaid debts promptly, employing proven debt recovery strategies, demonstrating a high success rate, and minimizing the collection timeframe.
- Confidentiality and Security: Protecting the privacy of students and their families is paramount. Kinum Collection Agency must ensure the confidentiality and security of all personal and financial information, complying with laws like the GLBA, FERPA and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), where relevant.
- Customized Services: Schools may have specific preferences for how collections are handled, including communication methods and timing. Kinum is expected to tailor its services to meet these specific needs.
- Customer Service: Kinum Collection Agency should provide outstanding customer service to both the school district and the individuals from whom it is collecting. This includes being responsive to inquiries, resolving disputes fairly, and offering necessary assistance.
- Minimal Disruption: The collection process with Kinum should cause minimal disruption to the educational environment and the school district’s operations. Kinum should handle the majority of the collections process independently, requiring minimal involvement from school staff.
- Affordable and Reasonable Fees: With budget constraints a constant consideration for school districts, the fees charged by Kinum Collection Agency are expected to be reasonable and transparent. The cost of collections should not outweigh the amount recovered.
- Positive Representation: Since Kinum Collection Agency acts as an extension of the school district, its actions and communications can reflect on the district. Schools expect Kinum to maintain a positive image and uphold the school district’s reputation within the community.
In selecting Kinum Collection Agency, school districts typically undertake thorough vetting, including checking references, reviewing success rates, and ensuring that Kinum’s practices align with the district’s values and legal responsibilities.