1. Cloud Computing and Internet of Things (IoT)
Prof Chen initially point out five broad research areas i.e. IOT, big data, cloud computing and software defined network and later on integrated IOT and cloud computing to highlight the important innovations, technological enhancement, futures issues and market expectations. In IOT services, three components he mainly integrates i.e. applications as top tier, networking as middle tier and sensors as bottom tier to focus various IOT service implementations.
The ability to combine sensors in IoT deployments has many possibilities. A company that installs sensors in roadway that help drivers find parking spots via an app , also through the implementation of Google map and intelligent application the auto pilot car can be run successfully. Also a discussion has made on the elastic computing for computations and storage virtual reality to enhance the cloud services.
2. Crowd-sensing Using Sensors and Smartphones
Prof Hsu initially points out the scopes and concept of in-situ sensors, power of crowd, event detection mechanism on smartphones, context-aware mobile applications, crowdsourcing, optimal scheduling for smart sensor activations and many more. Crowd-sensing Data from Mobile Smartphones in Urban Spaces is a good research context in mobile data management, especially for opportunistic crowd sensing, participatory crowd sensing and infrastructure crowd sensing. GPS sensors of smart phones traces uploaded by drivers and passengers can be used to generate real time traffic statistics. Similarly, street-level audio samples collected by pedestrians can be aggregated to create a citywide noise map. Also a detailed discussion is made on geospatial information gathering over sensor crowd-sensing.
3. Network view of human diseases
• Network view of human disease encompasses to research more and more diseases through translating the genomic results into medical applications.
• The assistance of biomarkers is researched to identify the specific genes that cause to a specific illness.
• The distinctions between pathway study and disease study builds a scenarios to explain the disease complexity through identification and interaction process.
• Protein to protein interaction is major quality parameters that can be widely used to the complexity of the large genetic network.
• The disease gene of similar disease tends to cluster in the protein network and finds the scopes of bio-data analysis and marking.
4. Network Attached Storage
• Network attached storage (NAS) -When data are broken then how to restore the broken data; it's a major problem in digital storage technology.
• So to solve the problem RAID is used. In RAID the data are stored in multiple redundant disks.
• Discussion has made on following RAID. RAID-0, RAID-1, RAID-2, RAID-3, RAID-4, RAID-5, RAID-6, nested RAID-5 + 0, RAID + share etc.
• Data replication has discussed mainly remote data replication.
• NAS- not only storage, but also a server. It encompass the built of own application such as own YouTube, own drop box, Facebook, Evernote, and many more apps that can be shared among users.
Tools used in project-
• REDMINE (user management, issue track, project mgt., collaboration with wikis).
• GIT (version control management, hot fix branch, released branch).
• JENKINS (build automation, code quality analysis, artifact management)
5. 4G evolution
The evolution of end user behavior and environment encompass the day by requirements of technology. A comparison has been made among dumb phone, smart phone, tablet and laptop to focus the faster and efficient data transfer operations. The high mobility data access can be achieved in 4g-LTE/WI-MAX as compared to 3G UMTS due to micro cell and femto cell application on 4G. In a cellular structure over 3D environment, if we study the evolution from 1G to 4G we observe that the cell size is gradually reducing along with the potential coverage issue. In a typical cellular network, the coverage is a serious issue in deployment stage and the capacity is an issue in growth phase. The discussion has been made on current indoor solution i.e. DAS (distributed antenna system) that includes the growth and development of both passive and active DAS structure.
About Author / Additional Info: