Let me first tell that those who are happy and enjoying in this mortal world, they need not to read this page. Those who have lack of happiness even after accumulation of lot of physical materials in the world, this page may be giving some relief to them after following it. My opinions are not the new or generated newly from me. These are same those opinions given by our learned and spiritually rich persons say perfect saints or else. I just always want to remember those valuable and priceless quotations which can turn somebody's life towards the perfection and real goal of the human life.
Most of us may not know and are able to get the real meaning of what is a human being and human life. They just one day take birth and one day die in this world. But do not know why they have taken birth and why one day they have to end up with death. Thus, most of us take birth and die without knowing the reason of it. Then how can they enjoy and find happiness in their life. The eating, drinking, sleeping and producing children all these activities are performed by other category of life also. Then what is the difference between a human being and the other creatures of the earth. This is the sense of discrimination that makes a human being different from other creatures of the earth. In Hindi we call it "VIVEK". By which we come to know that what is good and what is bad. Therefore, there must be a logical conclusion of what we do in our life, day and night without even taking a rest for a moment. Have we ever thought about exactly what is that we want to get in our life? We are working day and night like machines. We have accumulated so much wealth; also, we have got a better position in our profession. Even after, something is there that makes us feel lacking. Is it happiness?
If wealth and position had the real happiness then at least all the rich and higher posted people would have been happier. But in reality this is not the case. Richer and well posted people are also in the same extend unhappy as a poor of poverty. It means in reality happiness is not in these physical things. Then where lays happiness? Happiness is not outside in physical things but inside our body why because the donor of happiness resides inside us. The King, who runs the kingdom of happiness and immortal pleasure, resides within us. So unless and until we meet that king, we always remain empty and unhappy. We are roaming out side seeking happiness either in wealth and position or in sensory tastes. Then how can we imagine getting happiness? It means we have to be turned inside within ourselves to get real happiness. But how to be turned inside? It is not an easy task.
Today we are learned enough and well educated. How did this happen? Where from this learning and education have come in our life? It was nowhere but inside us in the hidden form till we have taken help of a perfect teacher who is learned enough to teach us. Now let us think, a small thing of learning A B C D to become literate can not be performed without help of a teacher. Then how can we learn to live our life which is much harder than becoming literate without help of its expert. Today we all are living but it may not be the exact living, a human being should live. Here needs a person who can help us to live our life and tell us the secret of the life. This person is nobody but the God in the form of human body, known as perfect saint in this world. Unless we get in contact with perfect saint, we can not learn to turn inside. And unless we learn to turn inside we can not understand ourselves. And unless we understand ourselves we can not understand our life. And if we are not able to understand our life then how can we understand to live the life. Therefore, first we should know our qualities to be a true human being.
Human being is nothing but always retaining the qualities of being human. Human is the top form of the creature because of its top qualities and being human is human being. We should not do any work blindly without thinking its pros and cons. Our actions should strictly be set to achieve our real goal by setting our priorities to be worked out. And then the priorities should be worked out to reach our goal. The day will soon come when we feel the difference and then we will perform only those activities which defines us a human being. If we become a true human being then automatically happiness will come. Lust, anger, greed, attachment and ego, these five are the well known enemies to destroy the qualities of a human being. If we are strong enough to surpass these five dark qualities, we are able to become a true human being. But this is not one night process. These five enemies are like wild animals which can not be controlled at once. We need to first rear these animals, may be during initial period we have to struggle much depending upon how stronger is that wild animal. Once it is reared it is under our control. It is slow process and much of patience is required to win over these bad qualities. In nutshell, we should understand that:
• Human form of life is very precious gift from the GOD because it is rarest of rare opportunity that a soul gets this in the cycle of birth and death. Therefore, we should not vanish our life spending our time in worldly affairs but we should always try to achieve our real goal and should move towards perfection.
• Lust is the lowest activity of mind and one, who indulges in it, looses the power of body as well as purity of soul. Therefore, we must not have a desire of lust even after a fairy queen of heaven offers us.
• We should try to always be cool and calm to control over anger.
• We should not accumulate the wealth more than our need otherwise it will make us greedy.
• Attachment is the thing that makes us unhappy from both angles directly and indirectly. Here attachment means mental attachment not the physical. We are unhappy due to something is not well and directly and mentally attached to us. Something is not well but not attached to us directly still we are unhappy because that thing is indirectly attached to us. For example, illness of my body makes me unhappy because I am directly attached to it. But illness of my friend also makes me unhappy because I love my friend and thus myself is indirectly attached to illness of my friend. So we should learn to live free from all attachment whether it is with our relations or with our physical things, means in any way it should not affect our life. Even we should not have metal attachment to our physical body. Just use our body to perform the material work, but as time proceeds there are changes in our body it may not keep its shining property till the end but we should not be bothered about it.
• Ego makes the man hollow. We know that nothing is permanent with us. Our wealth, our position, our relations, or even our body which is closely related to us, will leave one day our company. Who knows when we will have to be called back to our supreme father? Things which are uncertain and always changeable how can we make ownership over it? When there is no ownership then why unnecessarily have ego of it. Therefore, understanding that whatever we get in this mortal world is not stable with us, we should never be ego of it. No matter whether at one moment we became the king of world, we should always keep ourselves away from ego. And live simple and natural.
I know inculcating all these qualities is very very difficult. But nothing is impossible if man has strong will power to do it. We know our mind can go to extreme of highest level of the man's activity as it is evident from all the scientific inventions which are our mind's creature. But the same mind can go to extreme of lowest activity of the man which is evident from daily news papers or other media that we need not to mention here. Therefore, now it is in our hand where to move our mind, upward or down ward.
I have written a good volume of a page above. It does not mean that myself has got the perfection towards being human. But trying to be the same, may God help me following the word written by my own and help me learn all these qualities as whenever I open my page I will go through it. Thus, I will always remember these things. And when we always remember something that thing becomes a part and parcel of our life.
Wish you a very happy and prosperous life.
--- M Ram Manglia
About Author / Additional Info: