With the increase in the number of computer users, there is corresponding increase in the computer problems. Computer systems are getting infected by viruses, spyware and malware. Malware and viruses intrude the computer system with the permission of computer user. Examples of viruses are - viruses, adware, rootkits, spyware, worms, Trojan horse, crimeware and similar other malicious programs. You should do your best to get rid of these malicious programs. The best option is to go for online computer help or PC tech support.
You can also follow tips mentioned below for troubleshooting virus and malware related problems -
• Internet explorer should never be used for browsing the net. You should no be carried away by the claims made by Microsoft. The best option is to go for Mozilla Firefox. It is available free of cost and is very secure. It is advisable for you to download the No Script and Ad Block Plus plug-ins. Apart from this you should use Pop-up Blocker feature while browsing the net.
• Get firewall configured on your computer system. You should not pay for this service as it is available free of cost. If you do not want to use standard windows firewall, you can go for zone alarm, this provides you with flexibility.
• You may stop using McAfee and Norton as these anti - virus software if you do not like them. You may download AVG Anti-virus. It updates automatically and is available free of cost. You can also setup weekly automatic scan. AVG anti - virus also scans email.
• You should get CCleaner installed on your computer system. It safely deletes temporary internet files and cookies. This can also be used for cleaning the registry and for removing unwanted programs from start up menu. The best part is that it is available free of cost.
• Once in a month you should change the passwords of your email. After changing the password you should log out and then log in again.
• Disable file sharing and remote access.
• If you are using WiFi network, you should take all steps to secure it. You should go for remote tech support or online PC repair. Online computer help service providers provide you with comprehensive plans that help you in securing your WiFi network.
• You should carefully click the link on Facebook, Orkut and other social networking sites. Hackers and spammers use these links for spreading viruses and malware.
There are many companies which provide online PC tech support. There are many advantages of going for remote tech support. You can get computer problem resolved at anytime and anywhere. Ask PC Experts is one of the leading online PC repair service provider. They have a team of Microsoft certified professionals who are adept in troubleshooting computer problems.
About Author / Additional Info:
Astal is a technician working for askpcexperts.co.uk for many years. Please visit http://www.askpcexperts.co.uk