Five Do's and Don'ts when participating in a Group Discussion (GD)
• Sit erect and lean forward when necessary.
• Grab every opportunity to pitch in with valid points.
• Discuss as much variety as possible or bring a 360 degree perspective of the topic during the discussion
• Have full control over your body language
• Reflect 'leadership ability' and an 'ability to listen and comprehend' in your overall approach during the discussion.
• Address your points of discussions to the panel which is conducting or watching your discussion.
• Pose that you know more than what you actually do!
• Stare at yourself or any member in particular or look up at the ceiling.
• Cut anybody sternly especially if he or she is making a valid point.
• Pick an argument or show hostility with any member during the discussion.
And of course the basic but yet the biggest at times.....
SPEAK FOR SURE...... AND WITHOUT HESITATION!!!!!!!
Please note: This may not necessarily be a comprehensive kit with all tips equipped for a successful GD, but yet it has few handy tips that can lead one to take a group discussion with a great amount of confidence and satisfaction.
About Author / Additional Info:
I am an Asst. Prof. with MET Institute of Management Mumbai