R.V. College of Engineering (RVCE) - A first hand review
Rashtriya Vidyalaya College of Engineering (RVCE) is one of the best
institute to do engineering in India. This private institute was
established in 1963 and is located on Mysore road in Bangalore,
about 13 Kms from the heart of Bangalore city and has a total area
of 56 acres. |
Being an 'ex' student & hostelite of this institute, the authors personal opinion is as follows:
• R.V. College of Engineering is a relatively much strict college than most other comparable institutes. Which is good because it helps this place to be more disciplined and organized. The student attendance policies are followed strictly by almost all professors.
• Ragging is ban by the institute, few seniors may expect you to know their name & branch. Some very mild ragging might be seen but its mostly light and for fun. First year students have a separate hostel.
• Placements are simply great.
• Most professors are good but do expect self-study and often rely on notes from seniors, outside publications and old question papers.
• Food in the mess is fine - neither great not bad. There is almost a constant rotation of North and South Indian food in the menu so relatively its easier to adjust. The campus has 5 Hostels with a total capacity of over 800.
• Campus also has a branch post office and a huge indoor basketball court. Sports like cricket, badminton and football are popular games on the campus.
After reading this you may feel that everything seems just good and good. Well everyone institute have few good and some drawbacks. Sometimes students have a hard time in getting Lab output or being a bit far from the main Bangalore city. Personal experiences of people may slightly differ but overall its one of the very good institutes after the IIT's.
Few good articles about R.V College of Engineering are:
(Links were live as of June 2007)
Record number of RVCE students get plum jobs
BANGALORE: A record number of 460 students of R V College of Engineering (RVCE), Bangalore, have received placements in some of the top Indian and foreign multinational companies accounting for the placement of almost 95 per cent of the students of the total 500 final year students eligible for placement.
According to sources from the Placement Department of the College, the remaining 40 students had not applied for recruitment as they have sought admission for higher studies abroad including United States, Germany and France.
The Bangalore-based R.V. College of Engineering was clearly the most favored institution by the CET toppers. Forty-nine of the top 100 rank holders preferred a seat in this college.
The BMS. College of Engineering was the second favorite, followed by the Mysore-based Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering and the PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore. Demand was also high for seats in the M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology.
A complete list of Engineering colleges of Karnataka and Bangalore can be found at this site
This site also ranked top colleges of Karnataka as follows
1. RVCE, Bangalore
2. BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore
3. PESIT, Bangalore
4. MSRIT, Bangalore
5. JSSATE, Bangalore BIT, Bangalore
In the nation wide survey conducted by the India Today, for the year 2001, R. V. College of Engineering holds its head high as one of the Top Ten colleges in the country.
This site rates R.V. College as the 6th best private engineering college and 39th best engineering college counting private and government colleges.
|Disclaimer: This article is just the authors personal experience and not intended as a guide of the institute or recommendation. Please do your own research and visit college website for details. We do not take any responsibility resulting in loss or damage due to the information above.|