|A Collection of Informative and Interesting Articles|
|HOME||LOGIN||SUBMIT ARTICLES||TOP AUTHORS||WANT AN ACCOUNT?|
What to Look For in a Projector For Conference Room?BY: Raja Vikram | Category: Technology | Submitted: 2012-07-06 03:25:30
Article Summary: "This is a brief description to know what to look for in a projector before purchase..."
Projector is being the neediest in a conference room of an organization. A lot of meetings do happen in a day. Each employ in an organization do have their laptops or tabs in their hand. Hence to showcase the data to everyone will be problem. To present the data well and to showcase everyone we required Projector in that room. Hence it is become necessary for every organization almost to have a projector in their meeting room. But while buying a projector what we should look for, so that it will not give you a shock afterwards. Let's discuss in a brief to understand quickly.
We should look at the room conditions first, i.e. how the room looks like in terms of lighting, Dimensions, blinds and on. Then depending upon these you have to select on which side of the room you want to project your image. Whether you want to put the projector on the table or on the ceiling which is also known as ceiling mount kit in AV terms, after deciding these conditions you have to call up for a projector. Now the query comes how to choose or go for?
As the projector is for conference hall you have to care few things before purchasing the projector. You should look at the following features before moving ahead.
1. Technology: whether the projector is a LCD technology or DLP technology. Based on your usage hours you have to calculate and proceed further.
2. Lamp Brightness: Check out the Lumens or the lamp brightness of the projector (For Ex: 2200 lumens or 2600 lumens). As per the brightness you will get picture quality.
3. Contrast ratio: It depends upon on the both technologies DLP and LCD. Based on the technology selection it will differ. But high contrast ratio is really good for picture quality.
4. Lamp life: Most important parameter of the projector, you have to find out exact lamp life in hours for the projector not in economy mode. (For Ex: 4000 hrs. and 5000 hrs. on Economy mode). Based on your usage you have to calculate for the lamp life.
5. Zoom and Focus: How much zoom and focus does the projector have? Much is the zoom and focus much is the clarity.
6. Connectivity: As discussed earlier we might have laptop, tab or ipad in the room or sometimes it may happen that we do not want any cables to get connected to the projector for presentation. Hence for those conditions you have to check whether the projector have wireless connectivity, USB, VGA 1 &2, DVI-D or I, HDMI, Audio In and Out, LAN and on.
7. Any patented technology: You should look for any patented technology does the projector have? For Ex: Panasonic have Day light view technology as patented on their name. This may add another feature for your product.
8. Resolution: You have to check whether the projector have XGA or WXGA resolution compatibility. As the present trend of laptops have these resolutions support only.
9. Lens shift if any: Need to check whether the projector have any lens shift technology with it. This will be useful while the projector is ceiling mounted.
10. Key stone correction: whether the projector have key stone correction or not and it is auto or manual. This will be helpful for adjusting the screen size and shape.
11. Any Filters: Does the projector have any filters to protect moisture and dust so that it will have long durability.
12. Quick power on/off: This is a necessary option you should look for because most of us have a habit of switching off the projector quickly once the meeting is done which may hit the lamp life and may damage the lamp too. But the newer versions projectors have these options of quick power off and on.
If few of these steps are taken care before purchasing a projector then you have taken a good one for you. Remember to know the after sales service for projector as this is a Digital Imaging product needs on time service for longer durability.
About Author / Additional Info:
I am Head- Sales and Marketing at summation IT.
Visit us at http://www.summationit.com
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• This is a Job For Hearing Aids
• Drop Shipping: The Mystery of Online Income!
• Cost Efficient Backup Performance With Sony DDS-4 Tape Drive
• Twitter Marketing Strategy: A Social Marketing Strategy
Latest Articles in "Technology" category:
• Security Robots on Patrol
• Apple Pay Overview
• Enterprise Mobility - Overview Part 1
• M-OTA: Mobile 'Over-The- Air' (OTA) Overview
• MDM: Mobile Device Management Overview
• 3M MAC Protocol Review
• Build, Deploy and Test - Advanced Software Development Practice - Part 1
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
|| Home | Disclaimer | Xhtml ||