|A Collection of Informative and Interesting Articles|
|HOME||LOGIN||SUBMIT ARTICLES||TOP AUTHORS||WANT AN ACCOUNT?|
Preparation For the Most Prestigious UPSC ExamsBY: Ashutosh Mishra | Category: Careers | Submitted: 2011-10-10 05:33:03
Article Summary: "This articles presents the glory and impact of Civil Services in India. In addition, a depth strategy and syllabus for UPSC CSAT examinations are documented to encourage and attract the aspirants to build up their golden future..."
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), a name which gives a unique recognition to the people of India by providing them the name and fame all over the country.Examination for UPSC is conducted once in a year and is composed of several stages including Prelims, Mains and Interview. After successfully passing each and every stages,the candidates are sent for training as per their positions secured in the exams. Training of the successful candidates are organized in different parts of our country according to their ranks. Finally, posting procedures are made for the officers and they are allotted different places all over the India to rule over any specific departments and perform themselves as fine as possible.
Strategey for Civil Services Preliminary exams :--
According to the decision of Government of India,there shall be change in the pattern and the syllabus of Preliminary exams from 2011.The Preliminary examination will comprise of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each and each of two hours duration.Hence,such a pattern of question is very much different from the previous pattern of questions which had one optional subject paper alongwith the General Studies paper.The candidates preparing for the UPSC exams can get much more relaxed in the sense that the requirement of studying an optional subject in the Prelims has been removed.But,still then,they will have to be mentally prepared for the fact that after the successfully passing the Prelims,they will have to appear and obtain the necessary passing marks for two of the optional papers for UPSC Mains examination. Hence,maintaining the proper equilibrium in between the Prelims and the Mains examination will be a challenging task for them.
Modifications made in the new syllabus for Civil Services Preliminary examination has more focus on General Studies and the revision of Mathematics learned at the secondary school level which requires ultimately a prebuilded approach of preparation and a consistent habit of reading, writing and revision.
New Syllabus and pattern of Peliminary Examination is noted as below:--
Paper 1 : 200 Marks | Duration : 2 hours
• Current Events of National and International importance
• History of India and Indian National Movement
• Indian and World Geography
• Indian Polity and Governance
• Economic and Social development
• General issues on Environmental Ecology
• General Science
Paper 2 : 200 Marks | Duration : 2 hours
• Interpersonal skills including Communication skills
• Logical reasoning and Analytical ability.
• Decision making and Problem solving.
• General mental ability.
• Basic numeracy including Numbers and their relations,orders of magnitude, Data interpretation etc.
• English language comprehension skills including passages from English languages.
The pattern of questions will of Objective type i.e. Multiple choice questions.
To sum up, it can be made clear that the modifications in the scheme of examination of UPSC will definitely change the way of preparation of the aspirants preparing for the exams. More smarter and nicer will be the way of preparation, more chances will be there to get candidates qualified in the most prestigious Civil Services Examinations. Best of luck.
About Author / Additional Info:
Comments on this article: (9 comments so far)
• Increasing Importance of Information Technology in Modern Education
• Pheromones and the Behaviour of Human Interaction
• Preparation For the Most Prestigious UPSC Exams
• Euphony Communications Choose the Personnel Management People Inc.
Latest Articles in "Careers" category:
• How to Contain the Anxiety of Bad Spoken English
• Who Am I? A Roller Coaster Ride...
• HRM if not Essential for SURVIVAL Still Needed for ADVANCEMENT
• Right Course Selection For a Bright Career Opportunity
• Education in Politics and Governance - Now a Reality
• MBA Education - How Much Effective to Your Career
• 6 Aspects to Career Fulfillment
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
|| Home | Disclaimer | Xhtml ||