|A Collection of Informative and Interesting Articles|
|HOME||LOGIN||SUBMIT ARTICLES||TOP AUTHORS||WANT AN ACCOUNT?|
How to Write an Administrative Assistant Resume ProfileBY: kim simon | Category: Careers | Submitted: 2012-03-29 04:47:13
Article Summary: "This article is about resume writing tips. This resume writing tips are written by professional resume writer. I hope this article will help you to make your article more impressive..."
It is common knowledge that a candidate's resume is the best and most powerful tool that one can use when seeking a job as an administrative assistant. However most of the candidates who apply for a job get overlooked or are rejected even though they have the required skills, experience and qualities that are required for the position. Many candidates may get rejected right at the initial stage when the recruitment personnel or human resources personnel screen job applications.
What causes a candidate to be rejected outright without even having a chance at being interviewed? Or let's say, what was different in the job application of the candidates who got called for the interview for the post of an administrative assistant with an organization? The answer to both these questions is very simple. It boils down to having the perfect administrative assistant resume that helps a job seeker highlight the desired skills and qualities for the job.
When drafting a resume, many candidates, over look the importance of a great resume profile, instead they waste valuable space on the resume trying to add as many details as possible, making their resume lengthy and cumbersome for recruiters to go through A recruiter may just spend a few moments reading through your resume, and many times recruiters may only read the first few sections of the resume. A well written resume profile tells a reader or employer what are the qualities and skills that a candidate possesses just by glancing through three or four well written sentences. A resume profile helps you summarize your qualities and skills right at the top of the resume, thus increasing your chances of getting an interview call. Let's look at how to write an Administrative Assistant resume Profile here.
• Keywords: The resume profile should use that target the position that the candidate is applying for. Before creating a resume, one should list down 10 keywords that are associated with the position and which can be used through the resume and the resume profile. It is best to use keywords that target the career title or position, key skills required for the position and general skills.
• Experience Statement: Draft a statement that summarises your professional experience within the respective field. The statement should emphasize on the position held and relevant work experience. One such example is "Highly motivated and effective administrative assistant with 7 years of experience in a professional environment."
• Skills Statement: Draft a professional skills statement that highlights your skills relevant with the position and the job. An example of a skills statement would be "possesses excellent analytical and administrative abilities with exceptional written and oral communication skills."
• The final statement that makes a great administrative assistant resume profile should include what value adds you can offer an employer, or what other skills and abilities you can offer the employer that other candidates may not have.
Once the resume profile is written, one should review it thoroughly to ensure that it does not have any grammatical errors and that the profile contains key skills and key words that would catch the eye of the reader. It is also very important that the profile makes sense and is well worded and structured.
About Author / Additional Info:
Kim simon is one of the best professional resume writer.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• The Reality, MUTED
• Honeymoon in Kerala to Cherish the Romantic Moment For Lifetime
• Women Empowerment Through the Self Help Groups in India
• Why Does My Cat Scratch?
Latest Articles in "Careers" category:
• How to Contain the Anxiety of Bad Spoken English
• Who Am I? A Roller Coaster Ride...
• HRM if not Essential for SURVIVAL Still Needed for ADVANCEMENT
• Right Course Selection For a Bright Career Opportunity
• Education in Politics and Governance - Now a Reality
• MBA Education - How Much Effective to Your Career
• 6 Aspects to Career Fulfillment
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
|| Home | Disclaimer | Xhtml ||