|A Collection of Informative and Interesting Articles|
|HOME||LOGIN||SUBMIT ARTICLES||TOP AUTHORS||WANT AN ACCOUNT?|
Fundamental Rights of Indian CitizenBY: Liyakat Shah | Category: Education | Submitted: 2012-04-29 04:57:10
Article Summary: "Indian Constitution has given six Fundamental Rights to every individual residing in India. The rights cannot be denied by any individual and if anyone dares to do so than we can approach to the court against such violation. Fundamental Rights gives equal opportunity to every citizen of India..."
Fundamental Rights of an Indian Citizen:
Indian Constitution has given six Fundamental Rights to every individual residing in India. The rights cannot be denied by any individual and if anyone dares to do so than we can approach to the court against such violation. Fundamental Rights gives equal opportunity to every citizen of India.
1) Right To Equality: Our Constitution gives equal opportunity to all the people of the country. No one can be treated as unequal on the basis of sex, caste, religion or place of birth. Practices of any acts of untouchability are punishable by law. However the weaker sections of the society are protected by some laws as seats are reserved for them in school, colleges and government jobs.
2) Right To Freedom Of Expression: Every citizen is free in India to express his or her thoughts and speech. They can assemble peacefully without arms and form Unions and associations and can settle in any part of the country and can practice any trade of their choice.
3) Right Against Exploitation: No individual can be forced to work against his or her wish. Children should not be forced to work. No child below the age of 14 years can be made to work in harmful places like factories or mines.
4) Right To Freedom Of Religion: Every individual in India is free to choose and practice religion of his or her choice. All religions are treated alike or equal. No one can be forced to practice any religion against his or her wish.
5) Cultural And Educational Rights: Our country comprises many cultures, language, scripts etc. This is because India is a large country with many states which have their own language and culture. There are many minority groups such as Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Jains and Parsis. Each group has the right to follow its own customs and tradition. They have the right to set up their own educational institution in any part of India.
6) Right To Constitutional Remedies: An individual has the right to ask for justice in a court or law if he or she feels that his or her Fundamental Rights have been violated.
It is important to keep in mind that Fundamental Rights can be suspended in times of Emergency.
Mr. Liyakat Shah
About Author / Additional Info:
A teacher by profession
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• How to Become a Successful Information Technology Generalist
• One Last Wake Up Call For Everyone!
• How Do I Fix Error 80048821
• Increasing Importance of Information Technology in Modern Education
Latest Articles in "Education" category:
• Contextual Factors For Instructional Decision Making For Grades K-3
• Classroom Management For Grades K-6
• Content Standards For Curriculum and Instruction in Grades K-6: Part 1
• Content Standards For Curriculum and Instruction in Grades K-6: Part 2
• Assessment and Evaluation of Content Literacy For Grades K-6 (Part 1)
• Assessment and Evaluation of Content Literacy For Grades K-6 (Part 2)
• Curriculum and Instructional Program For Grades K-6 (Part One)
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
|| Home | Disclaimer | Xhtml ||