A Collection of Informative and Interesting Articles
Absolutely Free - Start Sharing Your Knowledge Today!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Online Since Year 2000
Corporate Governance - PART 1BY: Arivuvel Ramu | Category: Technology | Submitted: 2011-05-11 19:38:22
#1 Organization Type:
• Metrics Reporting (Metrics Organization)
o Project Manager empower to take a decision and execute any project or program
o Executives will facilitate the initiatives and sourcing the funds
o Sales and Marketing teams closely work with Executives
o Better suited for Organization who is doing services to the external customers
o Profit Centers are cooked to the Cost Structure definition
• Functional Reporting (Functional Organization)
o Functional Manager or Vertical Leads or Segment Leads empower to take a decision and execute the project or program
o Service will be provided by Vertical or Department level to the customers
o Need enormous co-ordination with more than one department or vertical to success the horizontal or organization initiatives
o Better suited for Back offices , shared services organizations
• Hybrid Organization or Balanced Metrics
o Both Functional and Project managers will work collaborate for taking the decision making
o One of the best fit for Large organization who is doing multi level and multi site services and wide portfolio in their business
#2 Organization Portfolios:
* Any organization must have vision and mission defined clearly as part of their organizational roadmap.
* Depends on the organization will have wide Portfolios defined and align with their core vs supporting business functions.
* Portfolios will contain more than one Segment such as Telecom, Manufacturing, transportation, Healthcare etc
* Each segment contain the defines list of service and Initiatives list which contain the Available services, Project services, Planned services, Expired services.
* Each Initiative will contain more than one Program.
* Each program will contains more than one project,
* Each Larger project might have small sub projects (Internal, external, vendor and supplier etc) .
#3 Organization Shared Services:
• Human Resource : it contains following sub functions
o Hiring, Post Hiring, Employee self service and administration, Appraisals, Book Keeping, 360 Feedback, Compensation Negotiations ,Background verifications and people management.
o Internal and External Trainings, Training Materials, Pre and Post training co-ordination and feedback collection, Courseware preparation, Softskill trainings, Cross country and cultural trainings, Internal trainers people management.
o Transportation, Book Keeping, House Keeping, Travelling Arrangement (International and domestic), Organizational buy or sell support, Sales Quote preparation, PO (Purchase order) preparations, All internal and external Private and Government arrangement.
o Compensation, Benefit, Salary Accounts, Cost center or profit centers, Fund management, Local and International tax management with local Government body
o Balance Sheet preparation and book keeping work
o Any domestic and international business and trading via legal and regularity check
o Audit team
#4 Core Functional Services:
• Functional Services:
o Finance SMEs, Application Support and Maintenance , IT Help Desk, Application Support Help Desk, Network Administration Team, Quality Assurance Team, Application Groups (Baan, SAP, EDI, SOA), SEPG
• Development (Product) Services:
o Quality Assurance, Technology Groups, Functional SMEs, PMOs, Auditors, Release Management,
• Development Consulting Services:
o Resource Pool:
QA ( Manual, Automation, Performance etc ) and even tool specific groups and SMEs
Technology ( Java, Dot Net, Mainframe, DB)
CM ( Build, Configuration Mgt, Release Management)
Presales and Post Sales
#5 Organizational Services:
Any advanced or larger organization must have below Org structure
• Legal Governance Council
• Employee Production Council
• Risk Assessment Advisor Council
• Technology Advisor Groups or Arch Forums
• CoE (Center of Excellence for each vertical)
• Enterprise Architects Forums
Article Source: http://www.saching.com/
About Author / Additional Info:
Arivuvel Ramu | Architect | GalaxESolutions
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• Personality, Its Development and the Dynamics of Human Existence
• How to Design a Website Easy and Fast
• Benefits of Going to Church Every Sunday
• Queen of Jhansi: Rani Laxmibai
Latest Articles in "Technology" category:
• Some Findings in Cloud Computing
• Some Research Concepts in LTE-A and Sensor Networking
• Some New Directions to Numerous Research
• Some Research Bursts
• Reading Report Base on Various Research Paper-1
• Reverse Nearest Neighbors Search in Wireless Broadcast Environment
• Role of Induction Motors in Industries
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
|| Home | Disclaimer | Xhtml ||