A Collection of Informative and Interesting Articles
Absolutely Free - Start Sharing Your Knowledge Today!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Online Since Year 2000
Skills to Combat DisasterBY: Liyakat Shah | Category: Education | Submitted: 2012-06-02 21:31:35
Skills To Combat Disaster
• Ability to motivate others to survive
• Ability to stay composed on getting a shock
• Ability to locate the victims and reach out to them
• Ability to think logically while trying to handle the disaster
• Ability to think of possible ways to come out of the situation
• Ability to get the right aid from right sources in the given situation
• Ability to lead the confused victims to a right place where they can be safe
• Ability to adjust to the newly created difficult surrounding and the shocked fellows
• Ability to think of the present situation leaving the memory of the shock of disaster aside
• Ability to think of the right first aid that can help and find ways to provide it in the given situation
These skills seem to be very simple and with a little desire. One can easily develop them within oneself. Yet, it is believed that many of these skills develop with age. This is because, as the age grows, people have many experiences. These experiences teach them to deal with various odds well. But if the persons are young and have seen any odds, there is a problem. This is why; we need to know about the skills and qualities needed for combating disasters.
A professional training in combating disaster is given in service like military, home guard, police, fire fighting etc. but then this is restricted to persons from specific professions. We cannot be sure that the persons facing natural disaster will always be belongings to these professions. In fact, the truth is the most of the people facing disasters are the normal common persons. This is the reason why persons like you and me must know how to handle the disasters in case if we face them. It is only then that we can survive the shock and stay normal till we get aid from the professional disasters fighters.
Building a strong mind and body, keeping ourselves mentally and physically healthy and flexible to adjust to any situation, developing presence of mind and capacity to predict the future odds that can happen in the given situation, having compassion for all those who are victims of the situations and helping all those who can be helped in the circumstances are the basic qualities one must develop to combat disinters well.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com/
About Author / Additional Info:
A teacher by profession
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
• Home Sweet Home For Emraan
• Exams and Other Pressures in Childhood
• Voice of Healing
• How to Build Outstanding Online Articles Quickly and Efficiently
Latest Articles in "Education" category:
• Adolescence Educational Problem and Remedies
• Regulations and the Future of Trade and Investment in Cameroon
• How to Get Good Marks in Exam
• Ensure Harm to the Client in Electronic Banking
• Education System in India.
• The Time to Prepare is Now for the Next Disaster
• Benefits of Online English Classes
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
|| Home | Disclaimer | Xhtml ||