A Collection of Informative and Interesting Articles
Absolutely Free - Start Sharing Your Knowledge Today!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Online Since Year 2000
Corporate Governance - PART 3BY: Arivuvel Ramu | Category: Technology | Submitted: 2011-05-11 19:46:08
Is your resource management team modeled and functioned as expected? If not please look at the below check list:
• All the Resource Pool should comes under the resource management team and they should have access to the employee data who is billable and who is in bench
• The complete Bench People Management should be under this team
• This team should have the current updated metrics of Resource Utilization by account, program and project
• This team should maintain the Resource management plan which contains current and future needs?
• This team should closely work with Functional or Program or Project Management team
• You should have the concept called "Resource Pool"
• Resource utilization Report ( by Account, by project, by site, by country, by region)
• Resource management Report
• Resource List
• Bench People List
• Project Allocation or de-allocation data
Time and Attendance Management :
Will you have strong time and attendance management system established in your organization?
Please follow the check list:
• Are you monitoring , logging and tracking each employee swipe in/out access details
• Are you established the automated communication of employee absences or no show reports
• Do you have employee Identity card and Access Card
• Do you have defined policy and process for Leave management
o Casual Leave, Earned Leave, Sick Leave, Maternity or paternity leave, Un-paid Leave,
o Leave Approval Process
o Employee Reporting Structure
• Do you have people time management system where they can enter their timesheet against the various pre-defined tasks
• Do you have centralized reporting mechanism to see the Attendance report
• Do you have various reports specific to Account, Program, Project Time sheet report
• Do you have automated reminder setup for Time sheet
If you do not have setup the attendance or time management system such as Workday, Kronos etc
If Yes, Start look at the Process improvement in your Shared Service where better resource utilization can be tracked in site level, Country level and Region level.
High utilization of resource always directly impact your business revenue positively,Always keep an eye on Resource Utilization chart Vs Resource Forecasting.
Some company keep 20% of resource in their Bench Pool for the projected or forecasted projects assignment.
Keep in mind all the resources can't be pushed to one project in day-1. Initially the project will require few people and slowly the people will be added to the project for expedite the work and finally all the resource will be freed or moved out of the project.
So the resource management must know the people requirement vs available resource optimal utilization.
You should have plan for engage the people somehow in your organizational business (direct or indirectly)
ThumbRule: Do not keep the resource in bench more than 3 months for whatever reason he will be dumb.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com/
About Author / Additional Info:
Comments on this article: (1 comments so far)
• Level Crossing Deaths - Train Crossing Accidents
• A Proper Diet For Cardigan Welsh Corgi
• Let's Try to Change the Ideology of Life
• The Four Gospels
Latest Articles in "Technology" category:
• Some Findings in Cloud Computing
• Some Research Concepts in LTE-A and Sensor Networking
• Some New Directions to Numerous Research
• Some Research Bursts
• Reading Report Base on Various Research Paper-1
• Reverse Nearest Neighbors Search in Wireless Broadcast Environment
• Role of Induction Motors in Industries
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
|| Home | Disclaimer | Xhtml ||