A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
What every individual has to learn about fat lip (swollen lip)BY: Deena David | Category: Health and Fitness | Post Date: 2009-10-29
Fat lip is a name that is given to a person who has swollen lips. The fat lip can be due to various reasons and the treatment of the fat lip also depends on the cause of the fat lip. This article lists the most common causes of fat lips and their treatment.
The various causes of fat lip:
The most common causes of fat lips are listed here and they are:
1. Allergy: The allergy can be due to any insect bite or due to medication that has been taken. The allergy can also be due to the food that has been eaten. Allergy can cause not only the lips to become swollen, but they can cause other complications too and should be dealt with carefully.
2. Injury: Injuries are the most common causes of fat lip. The injury can be due to a fist fight or due to a fall where the lips are injured.
3. Dental problems: This is another common cause of fat lip. Dental problems can cause the swelling of the lip to occur either due to problems in the gum or in the teeth. The lips are swollen as a result of any infection in the mouth.
The common treatments available for fat lip:
When an individual has a swollen lip, it should be understood that when it is left alone, it is sure to heal, but when it is treated, there is a lot of chance that it will heal quicker. Many people want the fat lip to be healed quickly because it can help them to be socially active again. A swollen lip can be treated either with medications or with natural remedies.
1. Ice packs: Ice packs are the most common methods of treating fat lips. The ice packs help to decrease the swelling and also the pain associated with the swelling. The ice numbs the affected are and also causes increased blood supply to the affected area. The increased blood supply to the lip helps in earlier healing of the injury. The ice packs can be applied over the swollen lip at least three times a day.
2. Natural oils: There are many natural oils like the tea tree oil and also aloe vera oil that have been found to help in healing of the fat lip. These oils can be applied over the affected area at least two or three times a day.
3. Medications: If the swollen lip is due to a dental problem, then the swelling will reduce when the underlying problem is treated. Other than this if there is any associated infection, then a course of antibiotics is essential. A physician should be consulted in case of any infection and allergy.
These are the most common causes and treatments that are provided when a person has swollen or fat lips. It can be a very disfiguring problem because face is the part of the body that is usually seen by others. This is the reason for people wanting it to get healed quickly.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I have completed my Masters Degree in Paediatric Nursing. I am a writer with a passion for writing. I have been writing for some blogs and other sites. Comments are welcome at the following e mail address: email@example.com
* Method of adding songs to your Play Station Portable(PSP)
* What are the early signs of pregnancy that every woman should know
* Vegetable salads: Natural and Healthy food
* Benefits of Drinking Tea - Why people drink Tea?
* Will social networking sites kill Newspapers and Traditional Media
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 6002
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.