A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
WHO IS THE REAL GOD? - INDIAN VEDASBY: Bujji | Category: Religion | Post Date: 2008-05-26
IMPORTANCE OF SACRIFICE ACCORDING TO VEDAS
"Dharmani prathamani" it means that sacrifice is most important of all our duties.
"Yagyo vay bhuvanasya nabhih" - Sacrifice is the base of the world.
"Yagye sarvam pratishtitham" - Through sacrifice all things can be obtained.
"Yagyo vay sutram nouh" - Sacrifice is a boat by which life can be driven smoothly.
"Yagyem va deva divangatah" - gods got to heaven only through sacrifice.
"Ritasya nah pathinay ati vishvani durita" - get saved through sacrifice.
Tandya mahabrahmin says, "Yagyo va avati tasya chaya criyate"- Only sacrifice can give deliverance, whatever is done is only a shadow of sacrifice.
In tandya mahabrahmin of Sam-Veda, it says, "Prajapathi devemya atmanam yagyam drutva praikshat" - God will offer give Himself as sacrifice and receive the repentance of sins.
Vedas show that sacrifice should get the highest place in all the penance and it should be done for the remission of sins.
IMPORTANCE OF SACRIFICE ACCORDING TO BHAGAVAT GEETHA
"Sah-yagyah prajah srushtva purovach prajapathih Annen pravishyadhvamesh vo s sitvasht kamdhuk" It means: When God made man in the beginning, He did sacrifice and He said, "by this your heart's desire may be full."
"Yagya shapith kalmashah" - Those whose sins are washed by sacrifice.
In the 7th chapter of yagya vaibhav khand in Skandha Puran we can read like this:- "Plava hyete sura yagya adrudashch na shamsayah" -O gods, The timber of sacrifice - boat is undoubtedly silent.
QUALITIES OF THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB ACCORDING TO RIG-VEDA
1. It should be a blameless lamb - He was a blameless (or without sin) God - man.
2. Around his head 'Bulusu' bush should be placed - A crown of thorn was put on His head.
3. It should be on the altar of sacrifice - He was laid on the Cross.
4. Its four legs should be nailed in such a way that until they bleed - His hands and legs were nailed.
5. The cloth which covers the lamb should be distributed in four parts - Those who crucified Him distributed His cloths by themselves.
6. No bones should be broken - None of His bones were broken.
7. Gal-juice should be given for the drink of the lamb - He was given vinegar for drink.
8. After it is sacrificed, it should come back to life again- He rose up from the dead on the third day.
9. Flesh of it must be eaten- Before His death, He said to his disciples that they should eat His flesh and drink His blood, which was sacrificed for the salvation of the world; and for the remembrance of His death take bread and grape juice and for this He started a holy ritual which is still being performed.
PURPOSE OF PRAJAPATHI (PURUSHA)
The main theme in the Rg Veda and the Upanishads is the nature and purpose of only one supreme sacrifice known as the Purush Prajapati. This name is translated from Sanskrit as "the Lord of all creation who became Man" (Sathpathbrahmana 10.2.2.1_2; Rg Ved Purushasukta 10:19). The only purpose of the Purush Prajapati is to sacrifice His life-blood to pay our penalty for sin and to impart to us eternal life. It is the only way to Heaven and the only way of escape from eternal Hell (Rg Ved 9:113.7_11; Rg Ved 4.5.5; 7.104.3).
By the above deep research, who is the real god to lay down his life for our sins? Which Man-God (or) Son of God had scarified himself? Who shed the blood to wash away our sins? Who underwent the punishment in the place of sinners? Who prayed or forgiven for his enemies? Who stands for sacrificial love? Who said: love thy neighbors as thyself! Who said Love your enemies and pray for them! Explore in your mind, who is such god.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I. B.Venu, i had finished my graduation, my father is working as APPSC member in Andhra Pradesh Public Commission Office, my mother is house wife, we are two brothers, my first brother is working as agriculture department, and my secound brother working as story board artist in 7 seas technologies, i like to send articles, i had sent so many articles on websites.
* Email etiquette: How to write a good email to your customer.
* Learn how to start dating after a divorce
* Facts that every parent need to know about baby teething
* Improvement probably sounds pretty extreme to you!
* How to write a Killer Article
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (1 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 9498
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.