A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Types of bananas and Health benefits of bananasBY: Deena David | Category: Food and Drinks | Post Date: 2009-08-18
Banana is one of the cheapest fruits available. It is also the most commonly available fruit in the market. There may not be a place on earth where bananas are not available. Banana is also available all through the year. These are the various positive factors about the banana that makes it very unique. Another feature is that banana does not grow on a plant that is related to the orchid and lily family.
Bananas are one of the most popular fruits that are present around the world. Some of the types of bananas are given below:
* Burro banana
* Red Banana
* Plantain banana
* Cavendish banana
* Baby/Nino Banana
* Manzano Banana
Bananas do not contain any fat, Sodium or cholesterol. This kind of fruit is sure to decrease the risk of the person getting any heart disease or cancer.
Content of banana:
Bananas contain various minerals and vitamins that are very important for a healthy diet of any individual.
In a banana that is of the usual serving size which is one medium sufficiently ripe banana that is about seven inches long and weighs about 126 grams (0.28 pounds)
The various components and contents of banana are
* Potassium = 400 mg
* Dietary Fiber = 4 g
* Sugar = 14.8 g; Protein = 1 g
* Vitamin C
* Vitamin B6
It has no fat. The amount of calories in the banana is about 110 calories.
The various health benefits of bananas are:
1. Bananas are good for the heart: The bananas have a high amount of potassium content. This has the ability to strengthen the nerves in the body. The nerve channels need potassium for their functioning. This is also true about the muscles in the body. This in itself is a major health benefit because the potassium present in the bananas helps the muscles and nerves to function well.
2. Bananas are good for kidneys and all bones: The various types of bananas are also good for the bones and the kidneys. This is because of the potassium content. The potassium in banana also reduces the risk of kidney stones from forming. There is also a decrease in the amount of Calcium that is excreted from the body because of the high amount of potassium present. This again helps to keep the bones strong by retaining the Calcium.
3. Bananas and blood: Bananas are also good for the blood in the body. The presence of various vitamins helps the blood to function properly. Banana intake also helps to increase the amount of hemoglobin present in the blood. This can help for people suffering from anemia.
4. Bananas and kids: Bananas are very good for the health of children. They are given for children of all ages, though it should be remembered that the children should not be given a lot of bananas each day.
This article shows that bananas are very important for the good health of the person. Every person should eat adequate bananas each day to reap the benefits of eating bananas. This will prevent various diseases from occurring in the person.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I have completed my Masters Degree in Paediatric Nursing. I am a writer with a passion for writing. I have been writing for some blogs and other sites. Comments are welcome at the following e mail address: email@example.com
* What kind of men do women like?
* Why the English Premier League is Like No Other. By Fahman Rabbani
* Driveway Gates | Automated Gates for Security and Safety.
* Advantages and benefits of a Term Insurance
* Evaluate Fuel Rates - Going Green Has Fees Going Up
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 7558
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.