A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Tips to fight obesity with hypothyroidism condition.BY: payal | Category: Health and Fitness | Post Date: 2009-09-08
Staying fit, slim and healthy is everyone's dream in this modern word. But there are few health condition which persist forever like thyroid which slow down the body's process and the patients with this condition find it difficult to loose weight hence stay healthy. But little bit of extra efforts can help to speed up your body's process. Here are few tips which can helps you to loose weight in spite of thyroid condition.
Hypothyroidism is the condition in which the thyroid gland produces too little hormone needed for the body to function normally, which results in to slowing down of body's process like slow heart rate ,tiredness, intolerance towards cold, mental fatigue and constipation etc.
Although it can be successfully treated but thyroid patients find it difficult to loose weight because metabolism level slows down. Inefficiency of metabolism is the prime cause for weight gain.
Here are few of the tips that can help you fight obesity in thyroid due to hypothyroidism:
1. Be regular for your daily dose of thyroxin prescribed by doctor. Don't forget to take it empty stomach with a glass of water, one hour before food.
2. Avoid refined food, Saturated fat and Sugar Products. Thyroid patients should avoid Brussels sprouts ,cabbage ,broccoli, Mustard Green, Pear, peaches, peanuts, Soya Meal (Nuggets, Bean curd, soya bean oil) etc. they have anti thyroid substance and may suppress the thyroid functioning and reduce metabolism which affects your weight loss.
3. You must have your meals on time and never skip them. Taking 6 short meals through out the day keeps the metabolic rate high that further helps in weight reduction. Avoid high carbohydrate diet.
4. Virgin coconut oil (VCO) is a miraculous diet which works wonder especially in thyroid, although feels difficult to believe as it is highly saturated fat. But it is a fact that VCO helps to reduce weight in the condition like thyroid also where it is hard to loose. VCO is called as medium chain triglycerides (MCT) or medium chain fatty acids, which metabolize quickly and convert this into energy instead of storing it as excess fat hence revive up the body's sluggish metabolism and prompt weight loss.
5. Yoga stimulates the thyroid gland to work at its peak. It limbers and stretches the neck. Here are the few Asana'a and Pranayam's for thyroid.
2. Anuloma-Viloma-Kapalabhatti (Skull Cleansing)
3. Nadi Shodana or Anuloma-Viloma (Alternate Nostril Breathing)
4. Ujjayi (Ocean Breath) that stimulate the thyroid glad to produce sufficient hormone
6. Keep yourself active. Exercise for say 20 minutes daily or go for a brisk walk. The hypothyroid patients feel quite fatigued. In order to fight this fatigue they need a lot of emotional strength & determination. Having a negative attitude would enhance your problems. So stay positive.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: In Hypothyroidism, the thyroid gland does not make enough thyroid hormone. Treatments are available but there is no known prevention for hypothyroidism.
* Criminality Society and Identity - Author: Rakesh Neelakandan
* Play on Staffing process
* Good diet of a child: Importance of avoiding snacks between the meals
* Reduce sodium intake for a healthy life - Eat less salt
* Life as a woman
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (3 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 4348
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.