A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
The Positive and Negative Effects of MediaBY: chitracs | Category: Others | Post Date: 2008-10-14
Our life will remain incomplete without the media. The radio, television, newspaper and internet are some forms through which we get information. Just like other fields, a vast development is seen in media fields also. The common people believe the news given by the media. So, the media should be very careful before giving any news to the public. They have to cover important happenings, in all the fields, around the world. There is no use in creating emotional feelings among public by exaggerating the happenings and giving sensational news. The media persons should be cautious in giving unbiased news to the common persons.
The media covers news of public interest such as political happenings, sports, city news, national news, international news, business, education, entertainment, literature and medical news. The news should satisfy all men, women and children of various age-group and status. To increase circulation of newspapers, the media people should not publish bogus news.
Positive effects of Media:
• The common man gets the latest news within a fraction of seconds. The distance is not at all a barrier now. The news they get through media help them in their daily life a lot.
• The media helps common people to exchange information and it acts as a common platform. The public get knowledge and awake to raise questions, on seeing the news in newspaper and TV.
• The media helps to bring out the hidden talents of the people. The children learn many good things through media.
• By reading newspaper, the children learn many things, their reading habit increases and their vocabulary enhances by learning new words. Their knowledge increases by watching geographical channel, quiz programs and speeches by famous personalities of different fields.
• The cartoon channels make the children happy.
• The games increase their logical thinking power and grasping of things. The attitude, approach and behavior of the common people will also change, when exposed to media.
• The media conducts polls and let public to take part in social issues. Through blogging in the internet and writing letters to the editor in newspapers, many people give voice about their opinion in different political and social matters.
Negative effects of Media:
• Some bogus news given in the newspaper may raise blood pressure and create negative feelings in the mind.
• Over exposure to media may cause health problems also. The advertisements shown in TV and newspaper have got both positive and negative impact. The children learn violence by seeing movies and TV programs. They imitate super heroes they see in the screen which may cause danger to their life. The over exposure to media make them behave more aggressively, which spoils their future also.
• The children get immense pleasure in playing video games and they spend hours together before computer, surfing through internet. They see both the good and the bad things through media. The parents should make the children to play outdoor games and do physical exercise, diverting their attention from the media.
• The fashion shows, dance and music programs attract youngsters very much. They like to spend money for make up, clothing and jewels on the influence of models and actors.
• The youngsters wish to take part in these programs, which are unsuitable for many persons.
• The middle aged persons are stuck up with TV serials and show much interest in raising social status, by wasting money.
The media has brought the people all over the world very closer. We have to take the positive aspects and use it for good purpose. The media and public should help to drive away the negative effects of the media.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I am a freelance writer writing articles, short stories, poems and tips for magazines and many of my works are published in magazines. I am getting appreciation from known and unknown people also. From my schooldays, I have got the passion in reading and writing. I have won many prizes while studying in school and college. I want to improve my writing talent and also earn income through this. Hence, I wish to submit articles through this website.
* Scuderia Toro Rosso's New Stars and Stripes: Brook Johnston Arrives For Testing In Valencia
* LOVE MADE HER LOOK LIKE A CRAZY WOMAN
* Who are the Maoists in India and what do they want?
* How to enhance security of Windows password
* Rediscovered Life at 26!!
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (2 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 229346
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.