A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Relationship between cancer and food we eat | Cancer fighting foodsBY: David Prakash Kumar | Category: Food and Drinks | Post Date: 2009-07-22
There are various types of cancers that are prevalent. The causes of cancers are varied and can be attributed to various factors. Some of the cancers can be caused by the food habits of the individual. Nutrition and diet are the cause for these types of cancers. This article talks of the relationship between cancers and the food we eat.
The common parts that are affected by cancers when the cause is diet and nutrition are esophagus, stomach, colon, liver, breast, intestinal, prostrate, pancreatic and some other types. These parts are the areas where cancer occurs if the cause is because of diet.
Relationship between cancer and diet:
1. Low consumption of fruits and vegetables can cause cancer. Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants.
2. Colon cancer is very common in people who consume very less fiber as part of their diet. Colon cancer also increases with the increasing amount of fat intake by a person. This is especially higher for people who consume more of animal based fat.
3. Meat intake can also be a reason for a person getting colon cancer. Frying or boiling the meat can cause mutation causing substances to be formed that can cause cancer. Moderate amount of meat intake may not be harmful, but excessive meat intake should be avoided at all costs.
4. Cancer of the oral cavity, pharynx and oesophagus are greatly increased in people who regularly drink alcohol based drinks. Also, the risk of pancreatic cancer can be increased by the use of alcoholic beverages.
5. The fruits and vegetables that are beneficial in preventing cancer are
a. Fruits: Mango and guava
b. Vegetables: Carrots, beets, turnips, sweet potatoes, ladies finger, lettuce, cabbage, celery etc.
6. Fibre plays an important role in suppressing cancer.
a. Fiber in the diet helps the food to be propelled in the intestine without any spasm or irritation. This is because fiber adds substance to the food.
b. Fiber helps to decrease the time that faeces remain in the colon. Fiber helps in relieving constipation. This helps to evacuate the faeces quickly.
c. Fiber helps to dilute the intestinal contents.
d. Fiber helps to absorb cancer promoting substances and retards the formation of carcinogens.
This article shows that there is a very high influence by the food we eat and the incidence of cancer. A healthy diet with adequate intake of fruits, vegetables and food that is rich in fiber will help in decreasing the risk of a person getting cancer. Eating cancer fighting foods can also lower your chances of getting it.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I am a physiotherapist by profession. A writer by interest. I take up freelance assignments for various websites and blogs. Comments are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
* The interesting reasons why every person should avoid animal based foods
* Oral Hygiene: Methods of cleaning the teeth.
* Tips to decrease your blood pressure - Decrease risk of heart attacks.
* Various health disorders that can occur to an excessively obese person.
* MANET ( Mobile Adhoc NETwork )
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 4179
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.