A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Questions you should ask the Doctor about your diseaseBY: David Prakash Kumar | Category: Others | Post Date: 2009-08-22
Sickness comes to all people. When a person gets sick, they may either take self treatment or seek the advice of a physician. Those who self treat the disease have a chance of having their disease worsening. This can lead to various problems and can even be fatal some times. This is the reason people are advised against self treatment. If a sick person does not self treat the condition and does visit a doctor, the person may not know what kind of questions to ask about the disease.
Many people after finishing the consultation with the physician, realise that they have more doubts that were not asked or answered. They feel that they should have spent more time with the physician and asked more about the disease and its effects. This article gives a small list of important questions that a sick person needs to ask the physician about the disease.
1. Cause: The first important question that a sick person has to ask the physician about the disease is about the cause of the disease. The cause may be varied. Knowing about the cause of the disease can make the individual avoid the symptoms from worsening. Knowing the cause of a disease can also help the individual from getting the disease again by avoiding whatever caused the disease.
2. Infectivity: The infectivity of the disease is very important. There are various diseases that are highly infective. Knowing if a disease can cause infection in others can help the individual prevent the spread of the disease to the family members.
3. Diet: The diet may play a role in various diseases. Most of the chronic disease conditions like Diabetes, hypertension have certain diet restrictions. Knowing about these can help the individual who is sick to plan the amount and content of food that he or she will be eating.
4. Duration of treatment: When a physician prescribes medicines, they do so for a particular period of time. Some may request the patient to visit again in case there is worsening of symptoms. Other doctors may not tell anything. In such situations, the patient should ask about the duration of treatment. They should ask if they should visit the doctor again in case of the symptoms not subsiding after completion of the treatment.
5. Extent of damage to the body: Another important question the sick person should ask the physician is about the extent of damage that can be caused to the body. There are some diseases that can cause some residual damage to the body. The patients should ask the physician about this. They should know what damage can be caused by the particular disease.
6. Signs and symptoms: The patient who is sick should also ask the physician about the various signs and symptoms that are part of the disease. This will reduce the anxiety of the patient even if some new symptoms related to the disease appear, because they had already been warned by the doctor about the symptoms.
These are the various questions that an individual who is sick should ask the doctor on a consultation. This will help the patient to cope better with the disease.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I am a physiotherapist and also a freelance writer. I have been writing for many blogs and websites and also take up freelance assignments. Comments are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Alcohol At Receptions
* The different benefits of earning a passive income
* How To Install A Dimmer Switch
* Internet : Uses and benefits for all
* How to reduce crime against women in India
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 1604
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.