A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Physical abuse by men: Why women still stay with abusive men?BY: Deena David | Category: Social Issues | Post Date: 2009-07-09
Every marriage is not made in heaven. The way things turn out, one would think that these marriages were made in hell. This is the case of many marriages where there is no love lost between the partners. In some families, the men are abusive and physically assault the women. In spite of these many women still stay with these men.
What makes these women still be part of this abusive relationship and carry on with their life? This is a question that cannot be easily answered. It involves the psychology and the reaction of the society. Here are a few reasons why women stay with men who physically abuse them.
1. The fear of the unknown and the fear of being alone actually makes a large part of women stay with the men who abuse them. They lose their self esteem and feel that they are worthless. This makes them think that no one else may need them. This thought is a result of the abuse and also the same thought forces them to stay with the men who abuse them.
2. The hope that the man they loved and cherished will change for the better will also make them stay with the men. This hope actually makes them remain in the abusive relationship.
3. Some women who have grown up in abusive environment themselves in their family may think that physical abuse of women is normal. They feel that all marriages are similar and put up with the abuse.
4. Women may also be financially dependent on the male who is abusive. This forces them to be part of the relationship, though given a chance they may opt out.
5. Some women who are abused may not have anyone to share their feelings and may be lonely. These women do not get any support from anyone and so not know what decision to take. This makes them stay with the abusive husband.
6. Some men may be very revengeful and the wife may be scared that the husband will try to harm her after she leaves him. This thought actually makes them put up with the abuse.
7. Children play a major role for the women to put up with the physical abuse by their husbands. The women are scared for the safety of the children and also the future of the children. This makes them put up with the abuse.
These are a few of the reasons that make women stay with the men who abuse them physically. These are valid reasons for the women at that point of time. Only counseling and proper support from women groups will help these women come out of the mire they have sunk into.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I am a Masters Degree holder in Pediatric Nursing. I also do freelance writing work. I am also interested in technology and computer applications. Comments on the article can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Being Rich does not guarantee happiness, prosperity comes with stress.
* Tourism in India
* Cold and Flu - Basic Introduction
* FILM INDUSTRY IN INDIA
* Child labour is a crime. Underage working children in India.
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 3744
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.