A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Pest prevention: How to keep pests and insects out from your houseBY: Deena David | Category: Animals and Pets | Post Date: 2009-08-10
We like our houses to be clean and also safe. There are many instances when many creatures that are not our own species invade the houses. This causes a lot of trouble for the people in the house. It is also not safe for families with small children to have these creatures inside the house. This is because children may not know the danger of poisonous insects, causing them to be at a higher risk of being bitten by these creatures.
There are many methods of preventing these uninvited guests from entering our houses. Some of the methods of preventing these pests and insects from entering the house are listed below.
Pest prevention tips:
1. Cracks and crevices: Cracks and crevices are the places where insects and snakes hide most of the time. The house should not have any of these cracks and crevices. If there are any present, then immediate steps should be taken to fill these and plastering done over these. This will prevent the insects from living in these areas. This is very important because once the cracks are not cleared, then the insects start breeding there and this leads to many insects entering the house.
2. Trees and plants: Most of the insects breed in the trees or around the trees. Snakes live in dense foliage. Though it is nice to have a garden with many trees and plants around the house, care should be taken to trim the plants and cut the branches of trees that are very close to the house. Many snakes and insects find it easy to enter the house from the trees directly.
3. Dead leaves and waste: When the garden has many trees and plants, there is another risk because of the leaves that fall on the ground. The leaves that fall off the trees should be collected and the garden cleaned everyday. This will go a long way in preventing any insects from living under this waste. These dead leaves can either be burnt or buried in a pit. If left for a long time, they collect moisture that is a feeding place and a living place for the insects.
4. Air conditioners: Air conditioning vents and also the parts of the machine that is outside the house should be cleaned regularly. This is because even snakes can stay in these places by entering from the trees that are nearby.
5. Drainage pipes: These drainage pipes are usually filled with cockroaches in many places. Other than these insects, other insects like spiders can also live in them. Other than insects, snakes and scorpions may also make these pipes their home. It should be ensured that there is adequate protection at the place of exit of the drainage pipes from the house. This will help to keep out the pests and insects from entering the house.
6. Pest control: Regular cleaning of the house by a pest control person will make the house more safer for children and also the adults in the house.
These are the most important Pest prevention methods of keeping the various small animals and insects from entering our houses.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I have completed my Masters Degree in Paediatric Nursing. I am a writer with a passion for writing. I have been writing for some blogs and other sites. Comments are welcome at the following e mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* UNDERSTANDING INTERNET
* History of Pharmacy
* The Miracle set by Mary Kay Ash
* How to make a first girlfriend. Dating advice for beginners.
* Teen Pregnancy And How -To Reclaim Your Life
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 2898
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.