A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Migration : Types and AdvantagesBY: David Prakash Kumar | Category: Politics | Post Date: 2009-06-22
Migration is the movement of people from one place to another. There are various reasons for people to migrate. Migration can be from one country to another. It can also be from one place in a country to another place within the same country. This kind of movement of people on a large scale has its own effects. These may be either good or detrimental.
This article considers the impact of migration on the individual who is migrating. Migration is common among all groups of people in all socio economic groups. The highest number of migrants, though, is in people of the lower socio - economic groups. The reason for this is not very difficult to understand. These people are migrating to seek a better socio economic status.
Types of migration and their advantages:
1. Economic Migration: The migrant may be able to earn more money in the place where they are migrating. This is the most common cause of migration. People migrate in search of better work prospects. This will help them earn more and support their family that may have migrated with them. In some situations, only the breadwinner of the family migrates, leaving all the others behind.
2. Political migration : If the individual is escaping from a war zone, then that is for saving themselves and to have a safe life. This has been seen in the recent wars around the world. Each war causes an increased migration from the conflict zone to other areas nearby that are peaceful.
3. Social Migration: Migrants can also be moving because some of the family has already migrated. These people may be migrating to join them. This happens on a smaller scale and is quite insignificant.
4. Migrants may also have a better health care facility in the place that they are migrating to. This will help them lead a healthier life.
5. To provide better education for children could also be a reason for migration. This is the kind of migration that occurs in people of higher socio economic status. All the other causes of migrations were mainly in the lower socio economic groups.
6. Environmental migration : This is the migration that occurs after natural disasters that may include floods, droughts, earthquakes. A recent example of this kind of migration was seen in the aftermath of the tsunami. Thousands of people living on the seacoast moved to places inland to save themselves from the unpredictability of nature.
These are the various types of migrations seen and their reasons. These factors pull people from a place they know to a new unfamiliar place. With modern transportation and communication facilities, more and more people are migrating.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I am a physiotherapist by profession. A writer by interest. I take up freelance assignments for various websites and blogs. Comments are welcome at email@example.com
* Host articles for free, get traffic and even make money
* Better Security Practices - Dangers of Wi-Fi - Wireless internet.
* What You Get from the Best Car Hire in Belgium
* Understanding Latest Mobile Technology- GSM, TDMA, CDMA, WAP
* Interesting facts about Sleep. What happens when we sleep?
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 17303
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.