A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Marry a working wife. Should a wife stay at home or work (do job)BY: Bharat | Category: Family | Post Date: 2008-08-06
Women have been doing jobs and earning money for their family for centuries, only in the last few decades we have seen a high increase in the percentage of working women in the society. Present day women are bold, well educated and many of them are doing very well in their job. A growing trend clearly reveals that men who are doing a job themself especially in bigger cities, look for a working women and not a Stay-at-home housewife when it comes to selecting a bride for marriage. We will analyze the advantages and disadvantages of a working wife.
GOOD OLD DAYS:
The traditional norm in most cultures has been that the male ( husband or head of household) goes out to work and the wife stays at home. While the husband primarily took care of the earning money, wife managed the house activities like cooking, taking care of children and the overall management of the home. This trend continued in most western countries (like United Stated and Britain) till the 1970's, after which women actively started to join the main work force more aggressively. In most developing countries like India and China the concept of stay-at-home wives has also shifted more towards a working wife as well.
On the other hand, Individuals who own their own businesses are not that much keen to marry a working wife, they can have odd hours of work and normally prefer their wives to take the full responsibility of home.
WHY MORE WOMEN STARTED TO ENTER INTO THE JOB STREAM:
There were several reasons why more and more women have started to work:
1. Good education: More women pursue good education in the fields which carry a great professional weightage. More women are realizing that since they studied hard to get their bachelors and masters degree, there is no point sitting at home and if an opportunity is available they prefer to work than sit at home instead of watching serials, soap operas or talking about other issues with their friends.
2. Westernisation of society: People have become more open with the idea of working women and if a women works it is no longer considered a social stigma. Parents are very open minded about sending their daughters for higher studies.
3. More Work Opportunities: Countries like India have seen a huge uplift in their economy and girls have a great prospect working for companies like call centers, software, chemical, articecture and Bio tech.
ADVANTAGES OF A WORKING WIFE:
1. More money, more purchasing power and better savings (Huge benefit).
2. A working wife is obviously more satisfied career-wise instead is just doing house related work.
3. Better job security - if either husband or wife loses the job then other person can keep the family moving.
4. Women have more freedom to make independent financial choices.
5. A more equal relationship.
6. Your wife ( and you) get to meet more people.
7. A working wife is often more valued by friends and relatives ( likely considered more intelligent).
DISADVANTAGES OF A WORKING WIFE:
1. Kids get less parental time and attention. Problems with finding good child care and issues when kids get sick and one of you has to stay at home. Similarly if you have elderly parents they do not get a personalized care of a daughter-in-law as much they would have gotten otherwise.
2. If both husband and wife are self dependent it can sometimes lead to more ego clashes as both may claim financial independence now.
3. Less time for one another, by evening when both husband and wife come back, both are tired.
4. Many house-hold activities can pile up for the weekends.
5. No extensive lunch or dinner menu's. Husband will have to help his wife in some house hold work regardless he likes it or not.
6. You probably need to bear the expense of an extra vehicle.
7. Wife has less time for domestic duties.
8. Less stress ( not always true).
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info:
* H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu) 2009 : Section 1
* Interesting facts about caves. How are caves formed?
* Traditional Games: Is hockey being ignored because of cricket
* Is job online really hard to get - Finding online jobs
* Drug Addictions: How the drugs are catching up in young people.
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 11235
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.