A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Malware Protection: Reasons for changing the home page of your browserBY: Deena David | Category: Technology and Computers | Post Date: 2009-12-11
The home page in your Internet browser is very important. This is because the home page varies from one computer to another based on the operating system that is in use in the computer. The home page that can be used can be any web page and the only necessary thing is the URL of the page. The only other criteria are that the web page should be active for it to be set as your home page.
There are many operating systems and one of the most common Internet browser is the Internet Explorer browser that operates on the Windows operating system. There are many other web browsers too that can work on the Windows operating system. Many other operating systems are also present and they support many other internet browsers like firefox and also opera.
The home page that you may have set on your system can be changed due to various reasons. They are:
1. Guest users: A guest user may change the web browser to one that they like. This is because the guest user who is using the computer may like a particular web page or they may feel comfortable in a particular web page and so they may set this web page as their home page. This is the reason for the change in the home page by the guest user.
2. Malware: There are so many malware that are present on the internet that they may get downloaded onto the computer under various circumstances and this can attack the computer through various means and change some of the setting including the home page. This malware can change the home page to one that is related to the person or company that put the malware on the internet.
Resetting the home page:
There is a simple method of resetting the home page back to the page that you want on the computer. The various steps involved in resetting the home page are:
1. The first thing to do is to go to the settings of the home page. Once the home page is entered, then you have to click on the internet option.
2. The internet options can have various settings and one of the setting on this is the option to change the home page of the web browser.
3. The URL of the home page is entered in the option that has the home page settings. This home page that you want is entered in the place of the changed home page.
4. You can have the default setting of the home page to one that is already in the computer. Once all these settings are changed, the person can save the settings that have been altered. This change will then be saved and you will have your original home page in place.
This is the method in which the home page that has been changed due to various reasons reset to the one that you had initially. This procedure can change a little as the operating system changes.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I have completed my Masters Degree in Paediatric Nursing. I am a writer with a passion for writing. I have been writing for some blogs and other sites. Comments are welcome at the following e mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Diet management and diet modification for a person with Hypertension.
* WHAT DO MEN EXPECT FROM THEIR FUTURE WIVES?
* Spent Holiday in Portugal Algarve
* Why You Need a Small Business Website to Grow Your Income
* Every individual should believe and pray the god
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 2757
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.