A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Life when world's petroleum reserves will get exhausted .. Then What?BY: Muhammed Haris | Category: Others | Post Date: 2009-08-28
We all know that petroleum reserves of the earth are limited and according to some estimates we might have already hit the peak petroleum production last year. There is no man made system of increasing the stock of petroleum reserves in the earth. All our advance technologies in the oil mining keep on trying to find additional resources on the earth and sucking them out. Everyday thousands of tons of petroleum resources are taken out used in the industries, vehicles etc.
World Oil Reserves (according to Wikipedia as of Aug 2009)
Many countries maintain government-controlled oil reserves for both economic and national security reasons. According to the United States Energy Information Administration, approximately 4.1 billion barrels (650,000,000 m3) of oil are held in strategic reserves, of which 1.4 billion is government-controlled. These reserves are generally not counted when computing a nations oil reserves.
Oil prices have been continuously increasing (decade over decade) because of the scarcity of petroleum resources and people who place bet on future oil prices. Definitely a day will come, when there would not be any petroleum resources in the earth. Can you of think about that day? Assuming that there is no good alternate energy by then.
Here is a view on that day,
* Every vehicle in the world will become useless. Airplanes will be kept in museums with videos showing on how they use to fly.
* People need to depend on conventional transportation resources like the bicycle, bullock carts, horse carts etc. which cannot serve the purpose of traveling the long distance.
* There will be huge set back in the fast transportation. Traveling between the countries will take months together.
* The vehicles like bicycle, bullock carts, horse carts etc would be so secured to be traveled by the VIPs like national level leaders.
* Cooking on the gas stoves will not be a possibility. People have to depend on the risky electricity stoves and the slow cooking methods with firewood.
* Prices of food would increase very much.
* The trees will be destroyed in order to use them as fire woods.
* The production of the necessary things will be stopped because of unavailability of resources.
* Majority of the companies who require the petroleum resources have to shut down their business, which will result, is huge crash at international economy.
* Common man will find his life very miserable and the suicide rates will increase.
* Electricity has to be used an alternative resource. So there would regular electrical accidents.
* Governments cannot meet the expectations of the people. So, there will be very much political ups and downs and the regular change in the government.
So, we need to save the petroleum resources and find alternative resources of energy instead of enjoying what we have liberally and carelessly.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info:
* How to develop a form in VB6 that supports two opposite languages (Arabic - Latin) simultaneously.
* Online marriage and matrimonial - Advantages and Disadvantages of internet marriages
* Long journey: How to keep do time pass and keep yourself entertained
* Tourism in India
* Is Internet Explorer on life support?
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 7768
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.