A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
How to control Body Odor. Treatment for foot odor and smelly armpits.BY: Jessica | Category: Health and Fitness | Post Date: 2009-08-23
Body odor is a fairly common problem faced by millions of people all over the world. Foul body odor from armpits and foot (smelly socks) is the biggest problem among these people. Before we jump on ways to prevent bad odor from body, lets see what causes bad body smell.
What causes Body Odor.
The answer is SWEAT GLANDS and bacteria. Our body has two kinds of sweat glands (eccrine and apocrine). Eccrine glands cause regular sweat (water and body salts) coming out from your non-hairy portions of the body. Apocrine glands are present in the hairy sections of the body like armpits. When sweat is broken down by bacteria it causes strong body odor. Additionally places where skin surfaces come in contact with each other causes sweat to be trapped and an increased bacteria activity, therefore places like foot can also become quite smelly.
How can I suppress Bad Body Odor:
Since sweat is from glands deep under the skin, there are limited things you can do to totally stop the smell, but there are several things which can be done to reduce smell or suppress odor from these sections of the body.
1. Taking shower regularly and using soap in the smelly areas of the body is one of the best ways to remove body odor. Places which are hot or high in humidity also causes a greater quantity of sweat to be released from the body. Using sponge to clean smelly portions of the body can help. Since body can get use to one kind of soap, you can try switching between different kinds of soaps.
2. Deodorants have antiperspirant properties, therefore using they can lower sweat and reduce body odor for a long time.
3. Change your clothes and socks often.
4. Using baby talcum powders can also reduce the sweat activity.
5. Some foods can also promote sweat activity or greater smell in your sweat. Garlic, spicy curry and eggs are example such foods.
6. Some anti-fungal shampoo and probiotic medications can also prevent fungal and bacterial activity.
7. Excessive sweating can be due to low blood sugar or issues with nervous system or overactive thyroid.
8. Natural fabrics absorb sweat and let it evaporate instead of leaving on the skin. Cotton is a good sweat absorbent. Synthetic fabrics for shoes and clothes don't allow the body to breathe.
9. Deficiency of magnesium or zinc can also cause of body odor.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I am not a doctor.
* Who is the maid in your house.Lets really get to the bottom of the maid issue.
* Methods of preventing and removing foot odor
* Is it necessary to be a workaholic? Work addiction is not good
* Insurance for Pregnancy Costs and Benefits
* Journey Of The Prada Hnadbags
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 6086
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.