A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Health benefits of blueberries - Good for heart, eyes, cholesterolBY: Swati | Category: Food and Drinks | Post Date: 2008-10-05
Nutritionists and doctors recommend eating five servings of fruit and vegetables a day, infact it's not only better if all five of them are different but also a variety of colored vegetables and fruits. Different colored fruits have different chemicals and can provide us with a variety of different nutrients needed by our body, keeping is healthy, young and smart. Blueberries help in maintaining healthy skin and they are considered a very good food for almost everyone. If you do not like them raw, then they are easy to incorporate into fruit dishes, salads and home made jams.
Nutrition facts of blueberries and health benefits:
Blueberries are one of the most recommended fruits, they have almost no Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. Blueberry is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Manganese. They have some natural sugar too. Scientists at the U.S. Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Center have found that blueberries rank No. 1 in antioxidant benefits, compared to 40 other fresh fruits and vegetables. Berries contain a substance called anthocyanin which as has mild antibiotic properties good for treating intestinal bacteria. They also have a substance called pectin which is believed to he helpful in lowering cholesterol. Not only can they lower your risk of heart disease and cancer, they are also anti-inflammatory. Blueberries are often recommended for people wanting to reduce weight. blueberries also contain Polyphenols, Folate, Riboflavin, Iron, Niacin and are low in calories. Antioxidants reduce your risk of developing both cancer and heart related diseases, also they can help keep your skin looking young and healthy.
Additional health benefits of blueberries:
* Blueberries have a lot of antioxidants which, help to neutralize free radicals which can affect disease and aging in the body.
* Helps promote urinary tract health.
* Stronger blood vessels
* They have anti-blood clotting and Anti-inflammatory properties.
* They also have many antibacterial effects.
* A reduced risk of heart disease.
* Better memory.
* Better vision/eyesight - blueberries have anthocyanosides which helps to slow down visual loss.
* Suppress the formation of blood clots in the body.
* Lower Cholesterol.
* Aid In Weight Loss
* Fight Osteoporosis
* Reduce age related cognitive diseases like Alzheimers.
* Boost Your Immune System (thanks to Vitamin C)
Again always consult your doctor before introducing any fruits and vegetables in your diet for health reasons. I am not a doctor. The FDA suggests that frozen fruits and vegetables are just as healthy as fresh and may even retain their nutritional value longer.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info:
* Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). The best way of getting your website found and increasing website
* Durga puja celebration in West Bengal - Durga pooja festival.
* Face Reading Basics - A study of human face and its characteristics
* Health insurance is important, think and insure your health
* Various health benefits of Ginger
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 9055
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.