A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Guidelines for effective communicationBY: Deena David | Category: Self Improvement | Post Date: 2009-07-28
There are certain guidelines that can be followed if a person wants to communicate effectively. Communication is very important in the corporate world for a person to succeed. Effective communication is something that is natural for very few people. It is mostly acquired by various activities.
This article gives a few guidelines for effective communication.
1. Think well what needs to be communicated and formulate a plan on the method of communication. It can be done in writing or by speaking.
2. Details: The necessary details that are required as part of the speech should be collected.
3. Organize: The details that are collected should be organized in a sequence so that it can be presented in a effective manner for the others to understand.
4. Prepare: Make adequate preparation on the strategies required beforehand. This will help in effective communication. Preparing an outline is very important. This will help in building on the outline for effective communication.
5. Introduction: The opening statement or introduction is very important in any communication. In a speech, if the opening words are effective, the audience is captivated for most of the session. It is similar in communication by letters. The introduction is very important for effective communication.
6. Details: Unless required, too much detail is not the correct method of doing effective communication. The speaker should be precise and to the point to be an effective communicator. Too many details will cause the important things to be lost.
7. Be relevant: The content of any letter or speech should be relevant for the situation. For effective communication, the contents should be relevant to the age group, educational background and other such variables.
8. Eye contact: In a small crowd, maintaining eye contact with the listeners is very important to keep the audience interested. In a larger crowd, it is better to look around, scanning the crowd. This will keep them more attentive. Eye contact is very important in effective communication.
9. Simple language: In any speech or letters, which are used as communication methods, the language should be simple. It should be easily understood. This is another important aspect of effective communication.
10. Enthusiasm: The speaker should be enthusiastic for the people in the audience to be captivated. If the speaker is just ‘going through the motions', then the speech will not be effective.
These are the methods of communicating effectively. If a person is able to follow the guidelines given, then he/ she will be an effective communicator.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I have completed my Masters Degree in Paediatric Nursing. I am a writer with a passion for writing. I have been writing for some blogs and other sites. Comments are welcome at the following e mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* UNDERSTANDING INTERNET
* THE BENGAL BRIGADE - Yesterday and Today | Famous Bengalis
* Manipulation in Love
* You have only 24 hours - Master the art of time management.
* Is Internet Explorer on life support?
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 4341
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.