A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Factors affecting the performance of employees in an organizationBY: Deena David | Category: Business and Finance | Post Date: 2009-07-25
There are many factors that can affect the performance of employees in an organization. It is the responsibility of the administrators of the organization to create a good working environment for the employees.
1. Knowledge and skills: For an employee to work and function well in an organization, the employee should have adequate knowledge and skills. The employee must have proper attitude with the skills necessary to be efficient in work.
2. Family: Usually all employees in any organization will have family problems at one point in their life. Some people may have frequent problems. These problems at home may also affect their work. These problems can affect the work adversely. The employers should be able to show adequate compassion on these workers to help the worker function effectively.
3. Support from superiors: Superiors have to understand the needs of the employees for the employee to work efficiently. Sometimes frequent fault finding of the employees work may also lead to deficiency in work. Employee effectiveness is also lost if there is no proper guidance or planning in an organization.
4. Adaptability: Some employees may not be able to cope with the changes that occur at work. Equipments may change or the type of work can change in an organization. This can make the employee unable to adapt. Adequate training is necessary to help the employee to cope and be able to perform better.
5. Social values: The type of work in an organization may also involve a sense of compassion. This is especially true when the organization deals with people. People who tend to be aggressive by nature may find conflicts in the situation. Good performance may be affected, not because of lack of ability or interest, but by conflict of values.
6. Health: Employees must be physically and mentally healthy to perform better in an organization. Chronic illnesses in the family can also affect the performance of the employee. In course of time, it can lead to conflicts and non performance. Adequate health cover as part of the employee benefits will help a little in improving the efficiency of the person at work.
7. Workplace: Some people are highly sensitive to the environment and also climate. These should be conducive for work; otherwise even good performers can also become poor performers. The work situation and environment should be adequately modified to help the employees have better working conditions.
8. Ethics: Work ethics is very important for the performance of an employee. Good morals and ethics can help a person to improve their performance. Otherwise, it can lead to poor performance and can also demotivate the other employees.
These are the factors that affect the performance of an employee in an organization.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I have completed my Masters Degree in Paediatric Nursing. I am a writer with a passion for writing. I have been writing for some blogs and other sites. Comments are welcome at the following e mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Theater Acting Tips (Based on my personal and workshop experiences)
* Important facts about blood | Different types of blood groups
* The Joys of Writing. Write articles to express feelings or emotions
* Euthanasia: What is it?
* Methods of preventing and overcoming Writers Block
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 23807
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.