A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Documentation of the knowledgeBY: Muhammed Haris | Category: Others | Post Date: 2009-07-13
Documentation of the knowledge and subsequent updates are an important aspect in corporate world. Every organization obviously have the study materials and work instructions, but there are many things which are not documented in any study materials or work instructions. There may be many updates came through the mails, therefore information in the mails need to documented as well.
Documentation of the knowledge from all sources is important because:
1. Not everybody who needs to have those updates would have received the mail, for one or the other reason.
2. The information on the mails server may get deleted, or delayed because of server crash or data itself may get corrupt.
3. The language mentioned on the mail, would not be simple like the language at the study materials. So, different people would interpret the content differently.
Knowledge can sometimes be gained even out of personal experience and lives only in one person's head. Many times that knowledge would not be documented anywhere. That bit of information would be just in the mind of a particular person. When that person leaves the job, another person cannot not gain this undocumented knowledge until he spends the same tenure in the system or significant time chasing the older employee's work.
So all these justify the importance of documentation of the knowledge for the reference of other associates in an organization. There should be a systematic way of communicating the updating any new update found in any process. Everybody should have the access to the knowledge base created. The regular back ups have to be taken to avoid any possibility the data loss.
Giving the web interface, many companies create knowledge base systems using the HTML or any other web based application like Microsoft Front page or Active Server pages etc. They serve an easy tool to keep up with the documentation of such corporate updates.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info:
* Credit Crisis Impact on Indian Outsourcing jobs, software layoffs -My thoughts
* Married life - Is the love for parents creating marriage problems for you?
* Learn the simple methods of teaching good habits to your child
* BIM Positioning; The 2D world will never be the same.
* Lebanon is sitting on a gold mine - By Abdallah Hayek
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 1461
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.