A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
DEFINITION AND SCOPE OF PHARMACYBY: Yoshi | Category: Education | Post Date: 2009-02-12
Pharmacy is the profession responsible for the appropriate use of medications, devices and services to achieve optimal therapeutic outcomes.
It is the art and science of compounding and dispensing drugs or preparing suitable dosage forms for administration of drugs in man or animals. It includes collection, identification, purification, isolation, synthesis, standardization and quality control of medicinal substances.
Scope of Pharmacy can be elaborated in terms of education, licensure requirements, job opportunities or careers, related organizations and in many ways.
1. D.Pharm. (2 years Diploma course)
2. B.Pharm. (4 years Degree course)
3. M.Pharm. (2 years Master course)
4. Phd. in Pharmacy
5. M.S. Pharmacy
6. B.S. Pharm. (5 years course)
7. Pharm.D. (6 years Doctorate Degree course)
Job opportunities or Careers:
1. Community Pharmacy
2. Hospital Pharmacy
3. Nuclear Pharmacy
4. Industrial Pharmacy
5. Pharmaceutical Journalism
6. Pharmaceutical Education
7. Organizational Management
8. Government Services
1. Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA)
2. Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI) etc.
1. American Pharmaceutical Association (APhA)
2. American Society of Helath-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
3. American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP)
4. National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA)
5. America Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) etc.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info:
* Worried of airfare hikes? Then why not take a train
* Various advantages of becoming a clickbank affiliate
* The best methods of marketing articles
* Most important health benefits of jogging and precautions to be taken
* What are the things that you should do if you have lost your job
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (1 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 15227
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.