A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Common problems faced by women after deliveryBY: Deena David | Category: Women | Post Date: 2009-08-16
A number of women who give birth every day can have many associated problems. Delivering a baby in itself is a very difficult process for the mother. After this, to take care of the baby in the immediate period after the birth of the child can be very stressful. With so many problems that the mother faces immediately after the delivery, she needs all the support from the family and the health care providers.
This article explains about the common problems faced by women after delivery. It also gives some simple solutions for these problems that the woman may face.
1. Pain in the perineum: Women after normal delivery can have pain in the perineum due to the delivery. The pain can also be due to the sutures that may be present due to the perineal tear. This pain can be reduced by appropriate positioning of the woman. The position that will be very comfortable for the woman after delivery will be side lying. Other than the positioning, the woman can be given pain killers on the prescription of the physician to reduce the pain. The other treatments that can be given for the woman include ice application over the area. Therapeutic ultrasound can be given by a physical therapist. Pulsed electro magnetic therapy can also be given by a physical therapist.
2. Incontinence: Incontinence is another common problem faced by women after the delivery. This can be due to stress and is commonly called as stress incontinence. The treatment for the urinary incontinence is mainly pelvic floor exercises. These exercises can be done to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. This will in turn help to prevent the voiding of urine.
3. Back ache: Back ache is another common problem faced by women after delivery. This problem is usually because of bad or poor posture. This problem caused after delivery can be relieved by postural correction. The woman is taught the correct posture especially while feeding the baby. The pain in the back can also be relieved by warmth to the area by various physiotherapy interventions. Pelvic tilting exercises will also help to reduce the pain by strengthening the muscles that could have weakened during the pregnancy period.
4. Diastasis recti: This is not very common as compared to the other problems. It is caused by the separation of the rectus muscles. The only treatment that the woman should do is abdominal tightening and pelvic tilting with head lifting.
5. Symphysis pubis dysfunction: This is another common problem faced by women during pregnancy and after delivery. The symptom that is seen is pain over the symphisis pubis area. There can also be complete separation of the pubic area. To treat this, complete bed rest with support to the area around the pubis is also prescribed.
6. Coccydynia: This condition is an acutely painful coccyx. This is another common problem that is seen in women after delivery. To reduce the symptom of pain in the region of the coccyx, pillows are placed around the painful area. Direct pressure over the painful area is also avoided by alternating the position of sitting.
These are the common problems faced by women after delivery. The simple treatments that have been presented can be followed to relieve the symptoms.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I have completed my Masters Degree in Paediatric Nursing. I am a writer with a passion for writing. I have been writing for some blogs and other sites. Comments are welcome at the following e mail address: email@example.com
* Garlic treatments, Health benefits of Garlic and Herbal medicine.
* Reservation in Indian colleges: Effects of caste based reservation
* How to attract younger women? Tips for older men to date a young girl
* Regional Politics: How to break India into 28 parts.
* Methods of earning money from your website using Google Adsense.
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 14984
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.