A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Child's Education: Role of family in influencing and educating a childBY: Deena David | Category: Education | Post Date: 2009-08-14
Education can be either formal or informal. Other than the formal school education, all the things that the child learns can be called as informal education. Informal education is anything that the child learns from the members of the family, the environment and all that is present in the environment. This education is very important in the all round development of the child. Nature and the environment play a very major role in the education and learning experience of a child.
The role played by the family and all the members is very important. This education actually plays an influencing role in the life of the child. It makes or breaks the child. This article talks of the various methods in which different members of the family influence the child.
1. The parents: Parents are usually the role models of the children. This is especially true about the mother of the child. The mother and the father can actually see that the child is imitating them in various things that they do. This is the important influence that the parents have on the child. Even when the parents do not do something consciously, they are influencing the child with their behavior. This also works towards the final outcome that is the adult child.
2. Changing role of parents: If the family is built on a foundation of love, the child also learns the importance of family and bonding within the family. In families of yester years, the role played by the father in the life of a young child was very less. Now the role is increasing and both the parents play a active role in educating the child.
3. Siblings: The role played by the brothers and the sisters of the child is also very important. The child understands in a practical way that he is not alone. There is love and rivalry that is present between the children. In the co existence with siblings, the child learns in a practical manner the numerous self denials and limitations that need to be imposed upon oneself. Sharing is also learnt. These are all lessons learn by the child that will go a long way in helping when the child grows into an adult.
4. Rules in the family: Every home should have certain rules by which things are done. This will greatly influence the child and its behavior. The parents should adhere to these rules. This will make the children also adhere to them. If the parents are the first ones to break the rules, there will be no control over the children on these rules. These rules are the first lessons on self control that the child learns. The actual rules can be varied depending on the family. It can be about the timings for sleep, watching television, and other such activities.
5. Freedom of choice: Though rules can be present in the family, it is not the only thing that will influence the child. The family must also have freedom of choice. This freedom will also help to make the child learn to make decisions. When choice and freedom to make a choice is not given to a child, then the child never learns to become independent.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I have completed my Masters Degree in Paediatric Nursing. I am a writer with a passion for writing. I have been writing for some blogs and other sites. Comments are welcome at the following e mail address: email@example.com
* How to control joint pain? Reasons of pain and Natural ways to cure
* SCREEN BASED TRADING: SBT Features, Benefits, Trends and Issues
* Two dimensions of Nature. Extremity is bad for every aspect of nature.
* Brief History of Basketball and the Thirteen original rules
* How the credibility of a company increases if they have a web site
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 16068
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.