A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Challenges faced by women enterpreneurs - Businesswomen executivesBY: chitracs | Category: Women | Post Date: 2008-09-27
Generally women take involvement in household activities and interested in going for jobs like doctor, nurse, teacher and government jobs. Many hurdles are faced by a woman or a group of women who start a business. Owning and controlling the enterprise by a woman is really a big thing. The woman entrepreneur should possess the qualities of devotion, innovation and capabilities of management and control. Just like men, some women do not want to fit themselves in white collar jobs. They want to express their skill and talent to the world. Initially, the women entrepreneurs were interested in petty business. Now they want to land into big business deals. They want to stand on their own legs and prove themselves. The education, the courage, knowledge about the field, decision making qualities and independent nature help them a lot.
What are the challenges faced by women entrepreneurs?
1. Many girls who study well are denied of good education. The parents should not restrict them and they should be allowed to choose the field of education as per their choice. In the young age itself, the decision making quality and freedom to choose make them grow well. Not only for studies, for marriage and choosing their career also, they should be given full freedom.
2. The women are expected to spend more time for the family and more responsibilities are thrust on them so that they can not even think of doing any business. The family members should understand them and give way for continuing their efforts for becoming and being a woman entrepreneur.
3. The family members may hesitate to invest money in business started by woman or permit to avail bank loan. Sometimes, all the property may be in the name of male persons and they may not be ready to put security for availing a bank loan. First, the woman should find a solution for the opposition in the family for doing a business and try to get full moral and financial support from them. The women should not be treated as supplementary income providers.
4. In the male dominant society, it is not easy to come up in business field. Many businessmen do not want to enter into business deals with women entrepreneurs. The women should tackle this problem wisely and make them understand that they are, in no way, inferior to men.
5. To earn confidence from bank for getting a loan is much more difficult task for women entrepreneurs. But, the women entrepreneurs are sincere in repayment of loan. The local government and banks should come forward to help the women to get loans in an easy way, without putting unrealistic conditions.
6. The women should learn to analyse the different and small factors in business field like how to get raw materials of good quality at a cheap rate, how to negotiate and what are the discount facilities available. They should not allow anybody to cheat them in anyway, for being women.
7. The women should not take emotional feelings in business. They should prove that they possess high management skills and courage, ready to take risk and ability to solve problems.
8. The women entrepreneurs may have to leave the family and make business tours. They may have to travel alone or with others, stay in a new place. The family should not put any restriction and help them to look after the family in their absence.
9. The women should not lag behind in knowing the latest technologies entering the business field and try to bring everything required and suitable to the present trend. They should collect all information about the changes and new introductions in the business, through internet and by reading books. They should seek the advice of well wishers and experts in the business field.
10. The women should not lose hope if they face failure, in spite of taking much efforts. They should not give up even if the loss is more. They should try to come up successfully again.
11. The women entrepreneurs should meet and discuss their problems, whenever they find time. They should bring up many women to this field. They should attend seminars and conferences.
12. The women should learn to keep up business secrets and avoid gossips. They need not enter into disputes or support unnecessarily to anybody.
13. In some places, the business may be in the name of woman to avail some benefits given to women entrepreneurs and the concerned woman may not be knowing anything about the business. Only the male persons in the family or male partners will be doing everything. The women should not allow this at any cost.
14. The women entrepreneurs should not stand alone saying that they are women. They can move well with other women and men entrepreneurs.
15. The women entrepreneurs should take care of their health. The balanced diet, regular exercise, rest and sleep are necessary for them. They should keep away from bad habits like smoking and taking alcoholic drinks, which may spoil their health and reputation also.
The government can protect women by putting rules and laws. But, women entrepreneurs have to face day to day challenges. The family and society should not look differently to women entrepreneurs. The marketability and profitability of doing big business by women entrepreneurs should be encouraged. The good location for doing business, support from family and chance for improving the talent are the basic requirements for women entrepreneurs. If all these are provided the women entrepreneurs will emerge and touch new heights in the business field.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I am a freelance writer writing articles, short stories, poems and tips for magazines and many of my works are published in magazines. I am getting appreciation from known and unknown people also. From my schooldays, I have got the passion in reading and writing. I have won many prizes while studying in school and college. I want to improve my writing talent and also earn income through this. Hence, I wish to submit articles through this website.
* Cold and Flu - Basic Introduction
* Amazing Benefits of School Adventure Camps
* Teaching after Retirement
* Indian Premier League and controversies of IPL
* IPO - 'Initial Public Offering' a Universal Online Share Trading
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 9714
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.