A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Benefits of Walking: Tips on correct methods and ways to walk smartBY: David Prakash Kumar | Category: Health and Fitness | Post Date: 2009-07-17
The benefits of walking are beyond any doubt. Almost all people who want to be healthy stick to a regular walking routine. This helps them to be fit and also healthy. It is a diverse physical activity that exercises almost all muscles of the body. Walking can be done anywhere and at anytime. This is the advantage of walking as an exercise. The benefits of walking include weight reduction, being fit, reducing stress, and also boosting the energy levels. This article tells of the correct methods of walking and how to walk smart.
1. Walking often: It is better to walk as part of the regular routine and not wait for a particular time only to walk. Setting apart a particular time for walks is important, but it should not be the only time when a person walks. Walking should also be included as part of the regular routine.
2. Walking fast: For those who are young and energetic, it is better to walk faster to get more benefits. Brisk walking is better than a leisurely stroll.
3. Arm Swing: Arm swing while walking is very important. It helps to reduce the extra calories. It also exercises the hands and arms. This leads to more muscle activity of the upper limb also. It should also be understood that swinging the arm too much or raising the arm too much will not make the person walk faster, but can lead to stress and pain in the shoulder.
4. Walk before break fast: When a person walks before breakfast, there can be additional benefits. This is because in the mornings, the body has less energy stored, as there has been no food intake. Walking at this time of the day will lead to increased use of the fat stores. This will lead to a increased decrease in the fat storage. Though it may not make a very large difference, it does make a difference.
5. Keeps a person stronger: A person will be more healthy and strong if they walk. This is because the muscles are being continuously exercised. In old age when the normal ageing process leads to a decrease in the muscle bulk, if the person walks, the loss of muscle bulk is slowed down and the person is kept healthier than he would have been if he were not walking.
These are some of the simple ideas that will make a person walk smart. This actually will help the individual to walk in the correct manner and also to walk smarter. This will increase the benefits of walking. If a regular walker incorporates these ideas into their walking, it will help in increasing the efficiency of the walking. These are several benefits of walking, so walk for a healthy life.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I am a physiotherapist by profession. A writer by interest. I take up freelance assignments for various websites and blogs. Comments are welcome at email@example.com
* Find Inspirational Mothers Day Gift Ideas Online
* What everyone should know about the benefits of Life Insurance
* Advantages and benefits of a Term Insurance
* Structure of health care industry : Demand and supply
* How to impress your girl friend. What girls expect from a boyfriend
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 3212
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.