A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Attitude of a nurse that will help in successful nursing practice.BY: Deena David | Category: Social Issues | Post Date: 2009-10-23
Nursing is a profession that needs a lot more commitment than other jobs. This is because of the interpersonal relationship needed to deal with very sick people for a long time. Dealing with sick people itself is a stressful event. Nurses deal with the same patients for a long time and so need more commitment to work with them. The attitude of a nurse will help in successful nursing practice in such situations.
The various attitudes of a nurse that will help in successful nursing practice are listed in this article. They are:
1. Respect for the rules and regulations of nursing profession: Each profession has its own rules and regulations depending on the kind of work that is done. Similarly, nurses around the world have a specific role to play and they have to respect these rules and follow them. This will help them to be successful nursing practitioners.
2. Attitude of pride & desire to grow professionally: Every nurse should have a attitude of pride, not for the self, but for the profession. This professional pride and desire will help them to climb the ladder to success very quickly.
3. Cheerfulness optimism & desire to learn new skills: The nurse who wants to be successful needs to be cheerful with optimism and desire to learn new skills. As the times keep changing, there are new skills that are necessary to do the existing work. A nurse should be cheerful while learning these skills. This will help te nurse to achieve more success.
4. Interest in helping to solve the problems of others: A nurse should have the interest to help solve the problems of the patients who are present. Each individual may have varied problems and the nurse should have the capacity to try and help these people solve their problems.
5. Respect for the opinion and judgment of others: Each nurse should respect the opinion of the other health care workers. This will help the work to go on smoothly and the patients will benefit from this. This will also help the nursing practice to improve.
The other important attitudes of a nurse that will help in successful nursing practice are
6. Motivation to search for new knowledge towards effective nursing care through various research projects and literature reviews. This will improve the body of knowledge.
7. Respect for the dignity & rights of each person; colleagues or client, family& friends. This attitude of a nurse will make her to become a better person.
8. Cooperativeness & respect for the members of the health team. This attitude of a nurse will help the work to go on and the patient care to improve.
9. Acceptance & understanding of others from different racial & religious backgrounds. This is a very important aspect and a nurse should have this attitude as in the present day scenario where globalization is present, people from one country are able to travel to another very easily and people from different religions and races can be admitted in a hospital.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I have completed my Masters Degree in Paediatric Nursing. I am a writer with a passion for writing. I have been writing for some blogs and other sites. Comments are welcome at the following e mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* What You Get from the Best Car Hire in Belgium
* Handling the Work Pressure. TAT policy (Turn Around Time).
* Jealousy in Relationship
* Learn Where To Get Money To Start A Business
* Remedy for knee pain - Osteoarthritis tips, exercises and symptoms
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 33227
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.