A community of people who love to write
The easiest domain name (Note the .ORG) - Absolutely Free!
Home | Submit Articles | Login
Advantages and disadvantages of a small carBY: Deena David | Category: Shopping | Post Date: 2009-07-25
Small cars are being made in developing nations in large numbers. There are many advantages of small cars. There are also a few disadvantages of small cars.One of the most talked about car is the Nano, produced by Tata Motors of India. The reason was that it is the cheapest car ever produced in the world.
The various advantages and disadvantages of small cars are:
1. Cost: Usually, the cost of small cars is lesser than bigger cars. This makes it more affordable and even people from the middle class can buy these cars. In fact one of the main aims of launching the Tata Nano was to make every middle class family have a car. Going in a car is many times safer than travelling on a two wheeler.
2. Parking: The smaller a car gets, the easier it is to part the car. This is a major advantage of small cars. This is because parking space is very difficult to get in major cities.
3. Manoeuvrability: Small cars are easily manoeuvrable. This helps the driver to negotiate curves more easily. This is an advantage in places with a lot of traffic.
4. Fuel: Most of the small cars are fuel efficient because of the less weight of the cars. This is an advantage to save money for the car owner.
1. Safety: When a car gets smaller and cheaper, some of the standard safety measures are not included as part of the car. This is done to save both cost and space. This can lead to increased fatalities in case of accidents. This is one of the major and important disadvantages of small cars.
2. Pollution: With the small cars being more affordable, more and more people buy cars. This increases the pollution and also global warming. This can have a negative impact on the environment.
3. Space: The small cars can be very cramped when a person is used to travelling in a bigger car. This is the price one has to pay for purchasing a cheaper car.
4. Speed: As a car gets smaller, the speed of the car cannot go beyond a limit. If the car is too fast, one will not be able to control it. This is a disadvantage that makes people think twice before purchasing a small cars
5. Comfort: As a car is small, certain comforts have to be left out to save space. This is another disadvantage of a small car.
These are the major advantages and disadvantages of a small car. In a developing nation, small cars are the best buy for a middle class family who may not buy a bigger car due to the high price tag.
Article Source: http://www.saching.com
About Author / Additional Info: I have completed my Masters Degree in Paediatric Nursing. I am a writer with a passion for writing. I have been writing for some blogs and other sites. Comments are welcome at the following e mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* You can achieve whatever you desire!
* IT in Retailing with Indian Perspective. Software investment in Retail Industry.
* Every individual should believe and pray the god
* Audio enchantment - In the times of TV & Internet how does Radio survive?
* Influence Of God - God Fearing People And Atheists
Does this article violate or infringe on your copyright ?
It is a violation of our terms for authors to submit content which they did not write and claim it as their own. If this article infringes on your copyrights, then use our Contact us form with the detailed proof of infringement along with the offending article's title, URL and writer name. If you do not hear back from us then contact us again in another 10 days. Thank you.
Comments on this article: (0 comments so far)
* Additional comments are now closed for this article *
Article Views: 18020
Copyright © 2010 saching.com - Do not copy articles from this website.
Important Disclaimer: All articles on this website are for general information only and is not a professional or experts advice. We do not own any responsibility for correctness or authenticity of the information presented in this article, or any loss or injury resulting from it. We do not endorse these articles, we are neither affiliated with the authors of these articles nor responsible for their content. Please see our disclaimer section for complete terms.